Luton Town Thread - 2023/24

Fuck ‘em.
My thoughts too, they’ve been back in the EFL long enough to get that dump sorted now. Millwall should’ve demolished the whole ground 40 years ago.

City have threatened to reach double figures a couple of times in recent years, I hope we finally manage it this season against them.

Just reading this thread as some have said that bloody horrible plastic pitch, it was like playing football with one of those small high density rubber balls ! The ball would bounce about 40 feet in the air from a drop kick.
Than that twat in his beige suit dancing on our pitch, that image scared my for decades

A few pages before was a mention of MK Dons to host a match if Kenilworth Road isn’t ready. I’ve thankfully never been there but it looks a solid stadium.

Fan safety is of upmost importance and if they can’t fulfil Premier League fixtures there then they should face huge sanctions.

Fan safety is of upmost importance and if they can’t fulfil Premier League fixtures there then they should face huge sanctions.
Why should fan safety be an increased priority for premier league matches.
10k supporters at a Premier league match is the same as 10k supporters at a championship match.
I thought the reason it needs to upgraded is for TV, press, VAR etc. and not an increase in seating

I can't get my head around issuing sanctions to a small club with minimal money because they got promoted.

Just reading this thread as some have said that bloody horrible plastic pitch, it was like playing football with one of those small high density rubber balls ! The ball would bounce about 40 feet in the air from a drop kick.
Than that twat in his beige suit dancing on our pitch, that image scared my for decades
I’m sure that image scarred you rather than scared you……come to think of it, Pleat a scary character.

Read today that they have no under soil heating which is compulsory in the PL but the PL is allowing them to play in the league anyway. Wonder how many smaller teams were denied promotion in lower leagues because the changing rooms weren’t big enough or they only had 250 seats and not 500. Something stinks about thus whole issue. Ground isn’t fit for purpose yet somehow it’s ok.

Read today that they have no under soil heating which is compulsory in the PL but the PL is allowing them to play in the league anyway.
Never realised that was a requirement.
Probably can't get it installed in time.
I'm guessing it is something that takes a good while to rip up the pitch and lay piping and then returf it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.