Lycra bikers

manchester blue said:
ColinBellsjockstrap said:
No problem with cyclists generally, it's great exercise, etc etc, but they need to stick to the highway code like everybody else.

Three times today, I've seen cyclists sail through red lights as if the rules don't apply to them.

Like everyone else? More than three times yesterday I've seen drivers on phones. Drivers jumping red lights. Drivers speeding. Drivers trying to run pedestrians over as they turn into a street, cars in bus lanes at non designated times. So stick "should do" at the end and I'm with you. :)

Quite.

The way some irritated idiots go on about the behaviour of cyclists you'd think all other road users were totally law abiding and law breaking cyclists stuck out like a sore thumb.

Show me a motorist who whines about cyclists and I'll show you a bitter git who can't accept that driving around in his beloved car is almost always an utter, frustrating misery and not the wonderful experience he stupidly expected when he bought the thing.

I'm out on my bike later on. My legs will be lycra clad.

When I'm on my bike I wear suitable cycling clothes.

I always choose clothes appropriate to my activity.

By the way, I look OK in lycra because my legs are thin like the rest of me.

I hope nobody on here moaning about lycra clad cyclists goes to watch City wearing a XXL replica shirt stretched over his fat belly and hanging far out enough to keep his feet dry in the rain.

Now those people really do look daft.

urmston said:
I'm out on my bike later on. My legs will be lycra clad.

When I'm on my bike I wear suitable cycling clothes.

I always choose clothes appropriate to my activity.

By the way, I look OK in lycra because my legs are thin like the rest of me.

I hope nobody on here moaning about lycra clad cyclists goes to watch City wearing a XXL replica shirt stretched over his fat belly and hanging far out enough to keep his feet dry in the rain.

Now those people really do look daft.

Any pics mate so that we can dispel the myth that all lycra clad cyclists look like gimps?

I had to move aside for one of them this morning, full kit, lycra, helmet, helmet camera, the lot and he was on the pavement!!
thats really taking the piss!

blue underpants said:
I'm going out on my bike now, I havn't got Lycra on
That is all

I hope you've got some bright reflective clothing on and not a black hoody with your earphones in playing Kylie at full blast!!

:)

Never mind the cyclists, runners are the wankers (well just this one).

Last night driving down an unlit country road, come round a steady bend and there's just this little white LED light bobbing up and down. I had no fucking idea what it was and couldn't see exactly where it was until I realised it was a guy with a head torch on (a fucking puny thing) running against the traffic in the middle of the fucking lane I was driving in. Slowed down, pulled across the road and he starts giving me shit for not giving him his right of way!? Like he shouldn't have gotten off the fucking road or onto the side where he wouldn't be mopped up.

BlueBearBoots said:
blue underpants said:
I'm going out on my bike now, I havn't got Lycra on
That is all

I hope you've got some bright reflective clothing on and not a black hoody with your earphones in playing Kylie at full blast!!

:)
Tracky bottoms with reflective white stripes, and my high viz vest over a jacket, more flashing lights than Blackpool illuminations but I would never wear earphones ....unlike some other idiot cyclists...even to listen to the very lovely Kylie ;) oh and a helmet

Rushing through a red light is becoming more and more common for motorists particularly at those sets of traffic lights which only allow one carriageway to go. Those at the back end often come over when it's obvious that the lights have changed to red, and the next set are showing red and amber, if not just green! No fucking way are they waiting for another three carriageways to have their turn!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.