Lyon CL QF Post-Match Thread

Not sure what to say really; Fernandinho is a legend however since lockdown he has looked 5 years older and 10mph slower. Rodri and Gundogan doing themselves no favours with their detractors on here - slow? check. press and intensity gone? check. no offensive or defensive contributions? check. Spent a fortune on defenders but only 2 good ones. Bizarre from Pep - 2 seasons of utter genius, 2 that have underwhelmed massively by the standard he has set throughout his career. No knee jerk ‘Pep this’ and ‘Pep that’ he can stay as long as HE WANTS to, but if he ain’t sure about the future I hope we have a plan.

Pep's selection hamstrung the side but we conceded 2 when playing a more usual shape. And just before their third Sterling missed the worst open net in CL history...

Truth is this team is a shadow of the last 2 years with a younger Silva and Dinho, Sane and Vinny. No Aguero either.

Tactics absolute bollox but hey you have to take your chances and some were unexcusable..Paid fortunes and chances must be taken(doubt that lyon would have missed them) Came up short again,so disappointing

Pep has to take the blame. I thought we were too conservative against Madrid but we had a lead to defend. Tonight we set up as the under dogs. Three at the back, two holders and not real wing backs. I know the square root of fuck all compared to Pep but it looked on the cards after 10 mins.

Well that was embarrassing, all down to Pep. He's using up the good credit he had as this isn't the first time he's done this.

It's been a really disappointing season, much of our own making.

Pep fucking around with the team cost us again

No excuses. We fucked that ourselves, not VAR

Sums up the season very slow & poor on & off the pitch. Serious mental & fitness issues.

how foden & Bernardo don’t get on that pitch is beyond me. Anybody ????

Fern, gundy sorry time to go.

100% on pep tonight regardless of poor defence & attack

desperate for a clinical striker & hard man in midfield

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.