Lyon CL QF Post-Match Thread

It's very bizarre really is pep pragmatic away in the CL? No he plays the game according to his beliefs. Then we play the French equivalent to West ham and he goes for the slowest midfield in history.

A bad decision. Laughable defending. Shit keeping and we are out again. I started a thread about pep being at the end of his cycle and got pelters.

Best shush because it's here. Whatever tools you give this guy in Europe he is a failure.

You forgot to add miss of the season to your list !

Cancelo already looks good? He couldn’t get a game at rb he did well against Norwich, who couldn’t, was a fault for Madrid’s goal and at fault last night. He can’t defend and he’s soft as shite. Rodri is a slug.
Cancelo has been a poor signing and anyone saying any other is kidding themselves.
We paid a lot of cash plus Danilo for what?
I rate Rodri but you can't play him with 2 other players next to him with no pace or energy.
We are desperate for pace in that midfield and someone who can put a challenge in and give the opposition some fear.

Main concern for me is that there is no one emboldened enough at the club to face up to Pep and pull him up when he goes off on one with these weird team selections. It’s not helped by the captain’s armband being passed around like a cheap whore.

Give the armband to KDB, embolden him. He seems the sort to tell Pep some home truths.

Breathe. Recalibrate. Deliver

Well another shocker to finish off what has been a relatively poor season, despite what some on here would like others to believe. Last night was truly pathetic, it really was. I'm not going to dissect the game but that selection, wow! The inconsistent results this season are alarming, last nights being a perfect example. Folk can defend Pep all they like, but his failure to address things when they obviously aren't working is a serious shortcoming. I have a genuine concern that with the short turnaround before the new season, the malaise of this campaign will remain.

Perhaps one of these days Guardiola will overthink a European knockout game so hard that he’ll accidentally play his normal team and win it.

This line by Barney rings so true about Pep. LOL
What’s the normal team?
I honestly don’t know our best 11 anymore

I have been reading these posts with a mixture of anger and depression over the team selection, the way we played and the effort (or lack of it) put in by most of last nights players. I have also reflected on what would those on the bench have thought about not being picked to play originally or subsequently put on as a substitute.
There is no doubt that quite a few players are not up to the standards required to win the CL (or domestic trophies) both from a skill and character point of view and new faces are urgently needed.
One interesting thought struck me though. On Friday, Barcelona got well and truly hammered. Their manager’s position must be on the line. The day after, Pep picks players and a system which allows a team which finished seventh in their domestic league last season and is mid 50s in European clubs standings to beat City. Could there be a connection. Just a thought!

Fucking distraught today. What in the holy fuck was that, Pep ?.....as soon as I saw the team and formation I just knew we were out. Sterling our best player but that miss will haunt him for a long time and whilst he did ok Garcia should have been nowhere near the team. I would have left him at home.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.