Lyon CL QF Post-Match Thread

the manager played over half the game using ridiculous tactics which we’ve never played before. 5 at the back as well as a false 9?
fucking ridiculous.
pep’s a pussy and he’s never going to win this competition again.
It's not popular to criticise Pep in these parts but the formation was unbelievable.

False 9? Didn't notice that.

What a stupid starting lineup.

Feels very self inflicted. :(

Still should have won.

I thought the same when I saw the line up. Baffled why we did not play the same team v Madrid. Would have wanted Mendy in there too. We could messing up against these lesser teams at this stage. Stupidity. Is Raheem going to ring up BT again next year for their archives...

It tells you need to know when even Peter 'The C*nt' Walton said he was 'surprised' the second goal was allowed to stand.

Stop blaming VAR.. yes it was probably a foul but in all honesty.. fuck that. Fuck our system that was the reason we are out. We stank that first half which prompted the second half mistakes..

No tempo from the start, Pep sent them out to not concede early and it failed. I have always believed that it is very very difficult to lift the tempo when you are set up not to take risks. We hardly ever got a midfield player running beyond the front 3. A miserable performance with no leader on the pitch and no leader off it. Took far to long to change the tactics, that were not working from the start. I was nervous long before they scored, no idea why Pep didn;t see it. He has seen plenty of times already this season and each time he waited to long to change anything. He played Ferna Walker Cancelo Garcia and Gundog all out of position.

Seriously, how is he thinking playing 3 CDMs?
We’re not facing the most attacking team in the world. Pep AGAIN is overthinking everything. What the fvck is wrong with him.

You can criticise Pep for tactics but ffs at this level chances are few and they have to be taken - this season we have not done that so it is simple
the glory will come but not sure when at this rate! Gotta get this out of the system and roll up the sleeves And work their bollocks off !take the frickin chances

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.