Lyon CL QF Post-Match Thread

Who'd have imagined 20 years ago that we'd all be absolutely fucking fuming at losing a champions league quarter final.

Not having a go at those who are venting their frustrations, but I think there's also a need for some perspective. After a sore defeat this place can become a bit of a torture chamber, leaving you feeling worse and worse until you forget where we actually are as a club.

We are underperforming in Europe, I don't think anyone would disagree. It's been a disappointing season.

But it isn't the end of the world. We've come off two incredible seasons. A little over a month ago we didn't know if we'd play in the champions league for the next two years! We all gleefully told UEFA and the bastards undermining us where to go, even Pep.

Let's not let one failure take away from all that. We can win the champions league next year, or the year after. We can win it under Pep. We can (and surely will) win it once he's gone, whenever that is. We know that regardless of European failures, we can win the league over a season once we patch up our squad. Give me the league any day.

We all know we have big weaknesses. Tonight some were exploited. Top players made errors. Shit happens. We'll strengthen and go again.

It's ok to be disappointed. We all are, bitterly. But remember, when the dust settles, we're still fucking good. Just not the best... yet.
Great post amongst a lot of knee jerk nonsense.....well done!

Who'd have imagined 20 years ago that we'd all be absolutely fucking fuming at losing a champions league quarter final.

Not having a go at those who are venting their frustrations, but I think there's also a need for some perspective. After a sore defeat this place can become a bit of a torture chamber, leaving you feeling worse and worse until you forget where we actually are as a club.

We are underperforming in Europe, I don't think anyone would disagree. It's been a disappointing season.

But it isn't the end of the world. We've come off two incredible seasons. A little over a month ago we didn't know if we'd play in the champions league for the next two years! We all gleefully told UEFA and the bastards undermining us where to go, even Pep.

Let's not let one failure take away from all that. We can win the champions league next year, or the year after. We can win it under Pep. We can (and surely will) win it once he's gone, whenever that is. We know that regardless of European failures, we can win the league over a season once we patch up our squad. Give me the league any day.

We all know we have big weaknesses. Tonight some were exploited. Top players made errors. Shit happens. We'll strengthen and go again.

It's ok to be disappointed. We all are, bitterly. But remember, when the dust settles, we're still fucking good. Just not the best... yet.

As you said, shit happen but losing 3 times against inferior teams (Spurs and Monaco) ... It taste bad

Genuine question, Laporte seems immune to any criticism, he’s not been fantastic since he’s returned from injury and again was average at beat tonight. I just don’t see the hype, he’s out best defender , which isn’t saying much, but seem to have mistakes in him. Maybe he will thrive with a half sent partner next season.

Cancelo at left-back and wingers coming inside every time. We have gone from being a team that thrived on width and stretching the pitch to a team that plays within the lines of the box.
Inverted wingers and now inverted wingbacks, it's quite laughable against a team who I told everyone would be difficult to break down when we knocked Madrid out because they play narrow and deep. The only way to beat narrow and deep is width, and yet we consistently this season fail to use any width and try walking everything through the middle.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.