Lyon CL QF Post-Match Thread

Ok let's say we go out there with our most attacking creative players and formation and then get dicked 3 times on the break.

He was trying to avoid that. It's a one off game with no second leg to bail us out.

There has to be a balance. Yes we were boring as fuck and not the team we are used to seeing but the option above could've backfired drastically.

The players not doing their jobs is what's eliminated us.
I can see your point, but why change the setup that beat the La Liga champions, when you are playing the 7th team in the French league.

We needed to play to our strengths, not cower in fear.

Gabriel Jesus is average, Sterling killed you with that miss and Ederson blunder was as criminal.

Can't believe Lyon have eliminated Italian Champions and then ex PL champions.

Cornet is really your bogey man. At this point, you should just buy him so that he doesn't play against you.

VAR on second goal is doubtful though.

I agree. Too much slagging the manager when the reality is we have a player who yet again can't put the ball into a fucking empty net when it matters. That miss will be talked about for decades. Utter crap.

By you maybe, but take a look at the bigger picture.

Raz was our most dynamic player all night.

He gets a free pass from me.

Do you think Bayern will change their style to counter Lyon's strengths? No. They will just go and play their own game and probably stick 4 or 5 past them. Fair play to Lyon, fully deserved as we were utter garbage from 5 mins in. Pep deserves every single criticism that comes his way tonight as that was absolutely ridiculous tactics.

Yes Sterling missed a sitter, but play our own game from the first minute, let them.worry about us and I'm pretty sure we'd be looking forward to a semi final on Wednesday regardless.

His post-match interviews have done nothing to justify his starting 11 and formation. In fact they've made it worse. Make no mistake this is a devastating night for him and his decisions were inexcusable. This is one he and us have to take all the criticism that comes our way.

Those glaring chances go in, we win and I guarantee we're all sat here smugly saying "Pep masterclass".

We had enough chances to win the game. The players didn't take them. That cannot be the manager's fault.

if we had played well first half then maybe you can say that but we didn’t, we were completely clueless. we didn’t even have any form of sustained pressure inside their final third until the final 3 minutes of the half. We only became a threat and created chances when he changed it back to something more familiar nearly an hour in but by then we were losing and had just 35 minutes instead of the 90. Peps handicapped us massively tonight and upon doing so You can’t blame any player for what happens afterwards. If we had gone through tonight I don’t think there’s a single person calling it a pep masterclass instead were all saying Peps been bailed out big time tonight and we all pray we don’t see any of this bullshit again against Bayern.

How do we solve this?

Koulibaly? A new left back? A new CDM? What will be enough? I don’t know anymore. What are we missing?

Pep hasn’t won the Champions League in 9 years. Clearly there’s something in his tactics missing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.