Lyon CL QF | Pre-Match Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m alright, but thanks for your concern! ;-)

Pep dropped Muller for a CL semi when he was Bayern’s best player.

He’ll pick the team he thinks has the best chance of winning, irrespective of who it upsets.
You need a lie down after predicting Jesus will be dropped, not a chance imo, his tiresome closing down of defenders and his match winning performance against Madrid means he will be starting this game on such a high.

Would be crazy to drop him now.

I’m alright, but thanks for your concern! ;-)

Pep dropped Muller for a CL semi when he was Bayern’s best player.

He’ll pick the team he thinks has the best chance of winning, irrespective of who it upsets.
It will not upset me, I never try to pick the team.)

The team with more determination and athleticism will win the game. Lyon has young midfield of Aaour, Bruno, Memphis and another young guy, who will run for 90 minutes. We have to match that so younger players get the nod.
Ederson
Walker Ferna Laporte Cancelo
ROdri
FOden Bernardo
Debruyne Jesus
Sterling
This is the line up for me. If we match them toe to toe and be clinical in front of goal we will win the game comfortably. 3 - 1 for me.

No Sergio, no party
While I would hope we would beat Lyon, albeit with a few scares and perhaps even extra time, we won’t beat Bayern with this makeshift back four and with Jesus up front. Imagine them with Lewandowski injured. We’d all feel we were much more likely to win.
Really hope Gaby proves me wrong but lets be realistic here, he has failed miserably against anyone even halfway decent apart from Madrid, weirdly enough.
Against Bayern i Suppose pep would have picked Jesus over Aguero. Jesus will give continuous energy and will harass bayern defenders. This is the only way we can beat bayern. Against bayern lot of pressing between teams will be there. The team who makes less mistakes will win the game.

The problem for us is we have an occasional game between the games where we are winning continuously and suddenly one So so game comes. We lose and we lose the competition specially 5/10 min where we lose the tie by making simple mistakes. I have heard and seen city trying to sort that mistake out. Whenever we sense danger we hoof the ball forward. That helped against Madrid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.