Macclesfield

BWTAC said:
You get your knackers feeled, apparently.

Very good!!! - do you know Charlotte?

I grew up in Macc after moving from Manchester aged 2 but moved out when I was 30. I liked living there and moved out for better value for money on the house prices with the intention of moving back but I prefer where I live now and wouldn't choose to move back but I do go out regularly in Macc.

Asking what it's like is a little subjective because it depends what you're actually looking for. i.e. - nightlife/quiet life/family life, etc

I live in Macclesfield, it is a fairly quiet place with low crime. The town centre has quite a few mobile phone stores, clothes shops and opticians. There are 3 tesco's and a sainsburys, it is easy enough to get to Manchester to watch the games anyhow.

It is quite boring though, the nearest cinema is in Stockport and in terms of entertainment there is very little, however the countryside is nice (if you like that kind of stuff) and the people are generally friendly. And Mancini lives in Presbury so its nice to know your close!

If you want any more info just message me!

I lived in Bollington for two years. It really was a fantastic place to live and I very much enjoyed being there. I think I'm right in saying at one point it had more pubs per person than any other village in England.

Nice terracotta style architecture, decent community (although a bit on the older side) and within close proximity to Macclesfield town centre. My mum for a short amount of time lived in Clarence Mill by the canal which is probably the best place any of my family have lived in.

Don't know as much about Knutsford and Henbury although a lot of my friends went to Henbury High and they seem to like it there.

Sheriff Fatman said:
BWTAC said:
You get your knackers feeled, apparently.

Very good!!! - do you know Charlotte?

I grew up in Macc after moving from Manchester aged 2 but moved out when I was 30. I liked living there and moved out for better value for money on the house prices with the intention of moving back but I prefer where I live now and wouldn't choose to move back but I do go out regularly in Macc.

Asking what it's like is a little subjective because it depends what you're actually looking for. i.e. - nightlife/quiet life/family life, etc

I'm looking for somewhere to take my new wife and start a family. Good schools, low crime, countyside and some decents pubs for a sunday lunch. That'll do for now.

'She turned over to watch Eastenders - there must be a diagram someone can lend us'

Best rhyme ever in a song?

Never lived in Macc but I've heard it's a great place for a wa...... lk.

I'm looking to buy my first house now I've saved enough for a deposit and have shortlisted Macclesfield as a potential location. Looking at house prices you seem to get some value for your buck and demand is also there as I've seen houses become under offer on RM which is a positive sign for me.
Location wise it seems good for me, just a 30 minute drive to work with rail links to Manchester and Stockport.

I'm in my early 30s, I tend to stay at home during the week, I normally just go to the gym after work then watch Netflix. At weekends I usually meet up with pals in Manchester and go to the games. I'm easy going, I just want a quiet life and like walks in the countryside.

I will at some point check Macc out but..

Are the pubs any good in Macc?

Are trains to Manchester usually ok?

I'm looking to buy my first house now I've saved enough for a deposit and have shortlisted Macclesfield as a potential location. Looking at house prices you seem to get some value for your buck and demand is also there as I've seen houses become under offer on RM which is a positive sign for me.
Location wise it seems good for me, just a 30 minute drive to work with rail links to Manchester and Stockport.

I'm in my early 30s, I tend to stay at home during the week, I normally just go to the gym after work then watch Netflix. At weekends I usually meet up with pals in Manchester and go to the games. I'm easy going, I just want a quiet life and like walks in the countryside.

I will at some point check Macc out but..

Are the pubs any good in Macc?

Are trains to Manchester usually ok?

Id say macc is spot on for what ur looking for pal, im 31 and was born here, iv no reason to look anywhere else to be fair, like u say its half hour train to manchester, trains are every 20 mins or so, train station is on sunderland street and sunderland has 4 pubs alone, probably another 4 or 5 within a 2 minute walk. Plenty of gyms, dw fitness is just off sunderland street, plenty of smaller gyms in and around the town centre. if u want anymore info let me know.

Like any town it depends where you live. I've heard of a few nice places around Macc.

I work there and on the odd work night out there's a lot of drugs and fights etc. more than i've seen elsewhere ( and lived in lots of places around the country from towns to cities ).

Hurdsfield near the tower block seems to be particularly nasty, a mate of mine lives there are some of the stories about what goes on is frankly toe curling so Id avoid that area.

Train wise. when they work they are spot on ( 99% of the time, you have Northern/Virgin cross country so plenty of options ) but when there is an issue its out for hours. usually a tree on the line/flooding or a jumper.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.