Macclesfield

Why the fuck drink that much that far from home if you always have to walk home?
Crazy man.

Why the fuck drink that much that far from home if you always have to walk home?
Crazy man.

Haha. Extremely rare. This was a meeting between two new brother I'd never met...and the drinking seemed right during what could be a potentially awkward moment. Also sometime mentioned cider at the end of the night. Game over. I had a huge list of my favourite Manchester haunts to take them too....managed about 1/16th of them.
First time in many years that had happened tbf but quite a unique meet up. Again...I suffer from motion sickness (probably tied in with a lifelong inner ear issue).

Macc was a pretty good place. I went to grammar school there (but lived in Wilmslow) and was living in Macc and working in Manchester before we moved down to the Thames Valley 30 years ago. My wife lived there until we married and moved south. We went back regularly for ten years but then my mother-in-law passed away and that broke our connection.

We did visit last year and there's been a few changes and there's no doubt the town centre has gone downhill although we found a great cafe for breakfast.

The surrounding area has some great countryside.

Probably still a good place to buy a first home. As someone mentioned, definitely avoid Hurdsfield.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.