Macclesfield

Thanks for the replies all, much appreciated.

First time buyer as mentioned and it will just be me so looking like a great option.

Cheers pal.

Bollington is lovely and has a lot of nice walks and pubs in the area. There are quite a few terrace houses making the prices accessible although they don't often end up on the market and when they do it may be at the higher end of the scale for my budget. Many don't have gardens/court yards.

Prices in Congleton are very reasonable as well from what I've seen which is a little beyond the area you are considering.

Thanks mate. Long way off this anyway but it's good to have a plan...always good to have a plan and even more so during these torrid times.

Whilst Macc itself is going downhill Around Macclesfield is delightful. Some nice properties and access to lovely countryside.
Bollington is premium pricing now, as is Poynton.
I’m talking £250K - £300K for a 2 bed terrace.
Macc is more reasonable.
Poynton is lovely.

Trains from Manchester -> Macc used to be pretty decent for late running. past midnight at least but looking now that seems to be different, limited due to covid?
Nope.
We were always legging it for the last train after an evening post match pint at City.

Nope.
We were always legging it for the last train after an evening post match pint at City.

Macc no good for me then. I usually end up walking back as I can't face transport after a heavy session. Last heavy session I ended up walking from Bridge Street Manchester all the way to Parrs Wood...not in a straight line I hasten to add. 6 miles plus all the little loops my feet kept doing to keep from falling over. Awful and it's very rare these days (I barely drink) but this was three years ago after meeting my two brothers for the first time (long lost family story).

I do think of how I would get from Manchester to these nether regions although I suspect it's not a huge problem and the A34 is pretty much a wormhole from Manchester into them.

Macc no good for me then. I usually end up walking back as I can't face transport after a heavy session. Last heavy session I ended up walking from Bridge Street Manchester all the way to Parrs Wood...not in a straight line I hasten to add. 6 miles plus all the little loops my feet kept doing to keep from falling over. Awful and it's very rare these days (I barely drink) but this was three years ago after meeting my two brothers for the first time (long lost family story).

I do think of how I would get from Manchester to these nether regions although I suspect it's not a huge problem and the A34 is pretty much a wormhole from Manchester into them.

The 192 would take you all the way to Hazel Grove and runs late. Still a bit of a walk from there though.

The 192 would take you all the way to Hazel Grove and runs late. Still a bit of a walk from there though.

Means doing the public transport journey first however! If I ever felt a slight spin I'd be doing by best to walk it off. How I never got mugged I'll never do (people did try). Once go woken up by security/bouncers on a roof around Manchester Uni many, many years ago. Had a fireman lift down the ladder. No idea how I got up there. One of those massively greasy pizzas usually got me back on track.
But that's all in the past...not much of a drinker these days.

Why didn’t you get the Didsbury tram?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.