Madeleine McCann

Every time you read something else about this case you find out more and the doubts grow. For instance, at first I believed their claim that they could see the apartment and anyone going in and out from the Tapas Bar. But they couldn't as it was obscured by trees and a wall. Then it turned out that they went in and out via the sliding patio doors, which couldn't be locked from the outside so had to be kept unlocked. And these doors were on the far side of the apartment so definitely couldn't be seen from where they were.

They then claimed the window had been forced open, which was easily disproven. Why didn't they mention the patio doors at the time? Could they have been trying to cover up the fact they'd been completely negligent and lying about being able to see the apartment or was it something more sinister? Then there's the friend, Jane Tanner, who gave a statement about walking somewhere during that evening. Gerry had claimed he was talking to someone after checking on the kids yet Tanner must have walked eight past him in a passageway and didn't see him. Someone's either badly mistaken or lying.

Every day these poor parents have to live with the fact they left their little girl alone while they enjoyed themselves nearby.

They are living a daily death sentence I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy.

They are guilty of nothing more than selfishness and negligence and have paid the ultimate price.

I hope one day they find closure.
Very well said, Tolm.

Some folk seem incapable of distinguishing between true evil and people who simply fall short.

The only people I feel sorry for are Madeline, the twins and the people who got caught up in a witch-hunt such as Robert Murat and Sergey Malinka.

The parents left their children to get wasted, if I had kids that age I wouldn't leave them alone to go the local corner shop for 5 minutes nevermind in a foreign country, especially when there's a night crèche

Should've been prosecuted for neglect

Neglect still isn't murder though. As a parent of a little girl myself, outside of the agreed negligence, they get up every day thinking, what if, how, where?

That's purgatory for anyone who has to accept their own share of guilt on top of not knowing what happened, or if she is alive or dead.

It's heartbreaking, nothing more.

Neglect still isn't murder though. As a parent of a little girl myself, outside of the agreed negligence, they get up every day thinking, what, if, how, where?

That's purgatory for anyone who has to accept their own share of guilt on top of not knowing what happened, or if she is alive or dead.

It's heartbreaking, nothing more.
Not quite sure where I said neglect is murder.
You can be damn well sure if they weren't white, middle class people they would've been far less fortunate in getting away with no charges of neglect

Every time you read something else about this case you find out more and the doubts grow. For instance, at first I believed their claim that they could see the apartment and anyone going in and out from the Tapas Bar. But they couldn't as it was obscured by trees and a wall. Then it turned out that they went in and out via the sliding patio doors, which couldn't be locked from the outside so had to be kept unlocked. And these doors were on the far side of the apartment so definitely couldn't be seen from where they were.

They then claimed the window had been forced open, which was easily disproven. Why didn't they mention the patio doors at the time? Could they have been trying to cover up the fact they'd been completely negligent and lying about being able to see the apartment or was it something more sinister? Then there's the friend, Jane Tanner, who gave a statement about walking somewhere during that evening. Gerry had claimed he was talking to someone after checking on the kids yet Tanner must have walked eight past him in a passageway and didn't see him. Someone's either badly mistaken or lying.
'Tanner man' was corroborated later on as a man carrying his daughter on crimewatch I believe.
Another lead dead and still no evidence that she was abducted

Not quite sure where I said neglect is murder.
You can be damn well sure if they weren't white, middle class people they would've been far less fortunate in getting away with no charges of neglect

You didn't, was just in the wider thread accusations the parents were behind her disappearance/possible murder.

You might well be right on your second point, although I would hope wider humanity discerned any parent would have suffered enough by that stage.

This was different. If both her & Gerry were telling the truth, she must have walked past him, in a narrow area, and neither saw the other.
Interesting, they allegedly refused to participate in a reconstruction of the crime back then put forward by the Portuguese police. Makes you wonder if they were worried there stories wouldn't hold water
You didn't, was just in the wider thread accusations the parents were behind her disappearance/possible murder.

You might well be right on your second point, although I would hope wider humanity discerned any parent would have suffered enough by that stage.
It is possible to think they could be guilty of both. There's not enough evidence to convict them of foul play and I certainly wouldn't do so if I was on a panel of prosecutors, however that might differ from my personal views.
Neglect however, well there's all the proof in the world for that. This 'suffered enough' narrative really winds me up because it seems to discount one quite important person who actually will have suffered far worse most likely, Madeline.

Reactions: Hez

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.