Madeleine McCann

I never mentioned the window
*posts several posts where you have
*ignores the several posts
“It’s a little thick you can’t see the difference”

I’m going to leave you to it.

Considering you’re quoting me again - can you tell me where I said the bit in block letters?

Should be very easy for you to do if I said it.

Depends what you base the 20 minutes visits on?
There's a statement from the old dear in apartment above that 2 nights previously there was crying from the McCanns apartment for over an hour (from 10.30 to 11.45) which only stopped when she heard the McCanns returning back to their room.

Also Oldfield said in one of his statements that during visits they didn't physically check on the kids, only listened to see if they heard anything.

The fact they’ve assessed that they need to check the children are safe every 20 minutes should tell people everything they need to know.

It was inherently unsafe.

The Oldfield thing makes it even worse.

Let’s ‘check on the kids’ but not actually check on the kids.

Oh I’ve just ‘heard a noise’ in the kids’s bedrooms, knowing full well the apartment doors have been left open, but nah I don’t need to physically see the children.

It beggars belief it really fucking does.

The fact they’ve assessed that they need to check the children are safe every 20 minutes should tell people everything they need to know.

It was inherently unsafe.

The Oldfield thing makes it even worse.

Let’s ‘check on the kids’ but not actually check on the kids.

Oh I’ve just ‘heard a noise’ in the kids’s bedrooms, knowing full well the apartment doors have been left open, but nah I don’t need to physically see the children.

It beggars belief it really fucking does.

Incredible isn't it.

A family holiday for me sees a lot of time together in the day. Water parks. Walks. Crazy fucking golf. Whatever works. Kids back by 6, food if we haven't stayed out, then bed.

Mum and dad time post that consists of sitting on the balcony with the apartment very much locked.

To me, and to 99.9% of western civilisation, that is absolutely normal.

Unfortunately we have 2 fucking half wits on this board who just have to be different.

Hey ho, there's always one.

What's with all this obsession and confusion about the widow? I thought this was an open and shut case?(ment)...

I wish it was.
The window was ruled out as an entry point into the apartment pretty much within 24 hours of the investigation by everyman & his dog.
The local police ruled it out.
The british police in the dispatches documentary ruled it out
Nearly everyone ruled it out.
Even the McCanns rolled back their original their original opinions on it, then tried suggesting it was the actual way the abductor got out of the apartment with Madeline.

Now according Ban-jani every expert in the Netflix documentary is saying that's how they got in, against all conventional wisdom and the accepted truth at the time

I didn’t back myself into a corner, 2/3 of the burn ‘em brigade were outraged at someone disagreeing with the burn ‘em approach and tried to intimidate me out of replying - which will never work with me.

The rest of your post is a very good one.

Was it perfect parenting? No.

Did they probably feel it was perfectly safe? Yes.

Did they care about their kids? Obviously.

As you say they’ll have to live with it for the rest of their lives as punishment, I just disagree with the whole jail time for neglect view.

You missed out a rather important part of the question here because you are relying purely on subjectivism. The question should be reformed as:

Did they probably feel it was perfectly safe, and ought they to have felt it was perfectly safe?

It is less certain to say yes to this given the facts of the case (~70m away, unlocked door, obscured view- whether by darkness, foliage, the plastic window- no sight whatsoever of several entry points to the property, chose not to use the night creche) and that is why most of the debate in this thread has been generated by the fundamental point of the standard of fiduciary duty that a parent should have for their child.

Ultimately, jail time for neglect doesn't help the two remaining children (as I highly doubt they'd leave their children in such circumstances again), but to suggest, as they have inferred in several interviews that these actions are perfectly reasonable and constitute the expected standard of fiduciary duty is, for many, a claim too far.

Fiduciary duty?

A duty to act in the best interests of another.

The overarching point I was trying to make was that merely stating they felt it was perfectly safe isn't enough- I think many would state that they ought not to have felt that way given the circumstances.

That they acted in the best interests of their children is, even to the staunchest of defenders, questionable given the circumstances of the case.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.