Madeleine McCann

It sounds extremely unlikely. In the first instance do you suppose that the use of Calpol was the first time they tried to calm Maddie down?
That being the case I suspect it unlikely that she suffered a reaction having presumably not suffered one previously. They were doctors so again, I would have thought they were in a position to do something about it.
Are there many Calpol related deaths that you are aware of?
Let us suppose that she did suffer a fatal reaction to a relatively benign childrens medicine that is used worldwide by (I presume) many millions of infants. Why on earth would the parents first reaction be "Bloody hell Gerry, she's only gone and karked it, let's dump the body and embark on a massive cover up"
The more I type, the less plausible it all sounds. But that said, now't so queer as folk so on balance yes that's almost certainly exactly what happened.
Whatever actually occurred, nothing about this is ordinairy. Every option explored seems really far fetched. I wonder if we shall ever find out.

Calpol isn't a sedative, it's just paracetamol. At the time of Maddies disappearance there was a children's medine called medised which combined paracetamol with a sedating antihistamine. This was discontinued in the UK. It's not impossible that a child sedated with medised could be disoriented and dizzy on waking, could fall and hurt or kill themselves. There are safe prescribed limits for all medications but not that unusual for doctors to go off license with above recommended doses.

Over the counter sleeping tablets like nytol are basically antihistamine tablets no longer in current use because they are so sedating.

I'm not advocating that this is what happened because I struggle with the thought of any parent being so calculating if they had unwittingly caused the death of one of their children but it is possible.

She ran over shouting them and ran back - she didn’t skateboard or dance over.

Surely she didn’t need to run over at all if they were watching the apartment and it was so close by so she’d be heard?

Would you have left the other 2 alone after knowing Madeleine had been ‘abducted ‘ ?

Not me that’s for sure.

Calpol isn't a sedative, it's just paracetamol. At the time of Maddies disappearance there was a children's medine called medised which combined paracetamol with a sedating antihistamine. This was discontinued in the UK. It's not impossible that a child sedated with medised could be disoriented and dizzy on waking, could fall and hurt or kill themselves. There are safe prescribed limits for all medications but not that unusual for doctors to go off license with above recommended doses.

Over the counter sleeping tablets like nytol are basically antihistamine tablets no longer in current use because they are so sedating.

I'm not advocating that this is what happened because I struggle with the thought of any parent being so calculating if they had unwittingly caused the death of one of their children but it is possible.
Sadly, pretty much anything in this world is possible, something happened to her. I would have thought that on balance of probability the abduction theory is most plausible. Given the lack of evedence against the Mcanns their involvement seems less likely to me.

It's a theory. No better or worse than many. Are you suggesting that they were trying to kill their own daughter? Again, as doctors you would hope that they wouldn't play fast and loose with their own daughters medication. (I am aware that there is an element of irony to this given that they considered it safe to leave her in the first place) but I would think that they wouldn't just fling an inappropriate amount of (strong?) sedatives down her neck and bugger off to the bar.

The senior police geezer from Scotland Yard said you never take someone you’re going to kill to a foreign place, you do it in an area you know like the back of your hand, if you’re premeditating it.

No not at all just a theory I certainly don't think they tried to kill their own kid but maybe used a sedative and maybe she woke and fell ? I guess we'll never know unless someone somewhere has a crisis of conscience and comes clean.
If she was abducted I suspect no such admission will be forthcoming.

Surely she didn’t need to run over at all if they were watching the apartment and it was so close by so she’d be heard?

Would you have left the other 2 alone after knowing Madeleine had been ‘abducted ‘ ?

Not me that’s for sure.
Tbf her mind/head must of been all over the show and the rest of the group would of been at the apartent in less than a minute.

The senior police geezer from Scotland Yard said you never take someone you’re going to kill to a foreign place, you do it in an area you know like the back of your hand, if you’re premeditating it.

Well apparently Gerry is a master at working a pet crematoriums furnace, I honestly think though that this was one of the most bizarre things that the conspiracy theorist put forward. And a fair few did.

Not me that’s for sure.

With all due respect, who haven’t been in that scenario.

It’s hard for us to be able to say what we’d have done at that moment.

The running over she was probably frantic and had lost her head, I get your point about the twins being left, maybe she checked the coast was clear on her way out, I don’t know.

For all the ‘it wasn’t unsafe’ brigade-

If it was perfectly safe why did the party organise for an adult to go and ‘check’ on the children every 20 or whatever minutes?

If something is safe you don’t go checking it’s safe every 20 minutes, you just accept it as safe and crack on with your life don’t you.

I’ll get my popcorn.

Every time your kids leave the house they’re at risk, everything you do is about minimising the risk and that’s what the 20 min checks were designed to do.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.