Madeleine McCann

I just would have thought that, if they were abducted, blonde haired and blue eyed twins would have been an opportunity they would have taken dependent on what their purposes are (to traffic or whatever).

A good point mate.

I would imagine blonde blue eyed twins would be quite a coup in trafficking or pedo circles. Quite possibly a ‘must win game’ for those of such inclination, particularly if the opportunity helpfully unfolds in front of you in a lovely safe little place like that?

A good point mate.

I would imagine blonde blue eyed twins would be quite a coup in trafficking or pedo circles. Quite possibly a ‘must win game’ for those of such inclination, particularly if the opportunity helpfully unfolds in front of you in a lovely safe little place like that?

It’s always puzzled me, and it’s one of the reasons I believe that one of the parents knows something more than they’re letting on.

Lol, I'm glad it wasn't just me who thought this.
Reminds me of a Gary Larson cartoon. Woman in an apartment talking to a sheepish looking giant squid: The Brown's say that a giant squid tentacle just slithered across the hall and snatched their dog, I rang the Molloys but they say their giant squid is at the park.

If I am the target of that caustic tone, I fear you are about to dial a disconnected line. I know you are keen to help, so let me help you understand my position, espoused many times on this thread. I do not believe they were in any way involved with the disappearance of their daughter. I do believe they were negligent in their duty of care towards their children (all of them- regardless of the consequential outcome of each) given full consideration of the facts surrounding the case. On this I think we agree. I don't believe retributive punishment for those actions serves any purpose and that is no reflection of their employment or perceived class. I have not sat on any fence.

I would contend that most debates, including this one, are not binary. I would further add that I have complete contempt for the view that the popular inclination of society at a particular point in time can be an arbiter of the reasons someone ought to act in a particular way; with this type of relativism any action can be justified. Their actions, I believe, were in breach of their duty of care to their children- but not because 'society says' so.

Dial a disconnected line, do you work for BT? Speak English man.

Sometimes what society says is absolutely right. Please don't muddy the waters by generalizing, because sometimes what society says is wrong. I absolutely accept that.

However on this occasion its absolutely not and so should be listened to.

99% of people find fault in the way they handled that night, unfortunately we have 2 posters on here who fall in to the remaining percentage and that's making it a challenge to put the point out.

There is no grey in whether or not they should have left their kids alone because the ultimate fucking result is they are now a child short.

Quite the price to pay but I'm afraid that's what happens when you are completely neglectful in your duty as a parent.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.