Madrid v City CL semi final 2nd leg

I backed Pellers up last season - if this was an example of how you motivate a team then we are absolutely making the right move to get rid. That doesn't excuse the players tonight - where were the leaders? The so called 'captains' that should be motivating the team? Did you see a trace of any so called leader geeing up the players tonight? Any communication? Any desire? Nothing at all.

This was an embarrassing 'can't be arsed' performance, and thank fuck things are changing for next season.

I've read a good line in Mail match report - City were not bad, they were 'meh'.

Some other reports were not that kind, we've been ripped apart worldwide. And deserved each word of it. To have a match of generation played like this is just fucking embarrassing.

I lost so much respect for this team today. it's one of the biggest game of our clubs history and that's the effort they decide to put in, man, fuck this team, and fuck Pellegrini... I feel sorry for the people who had to travel to watch that complete shitfest of a game.

Pellers should never have started Yaya. His habit of starting our better players out of position to compensate for worse players is baffling to me (KDB wing for Yaya and Sterling left for Navas). If we have Messi Pellers would probably start him at CM to make way for Bony.

A little piece of me dies everytime I remember people here calling for Pellers to start Yaya because he's a 'Big game player'. Honestly I want to laugh and cry at the same time. Yaya hasn't been that for quite some time now, in fact he's been the opposite.

Kev was pissed off playing out of position and seeing Yaya couldn't be arsed to do anything in the middle that he just said fuck this shit I'm going to the middle. Even Kun dropped back to the middle cause he didn't get anything from the midfield. It was painfully obvious even to me who's not a professional football manager. For fuck's sake Pellegrini.

Can't wait to see this team ripped up and to have a manager who can actually motivate the players.

How has it been allowed that our fitness is so bad??

It's like the club was so scared of pissing the players off after Mancini that they've let them do what they want - which is next to nothing in training.

Don't know what's going on inside the club, but I think the fitness part has more to do with what we did in pre-season and perhaps improper or excessive training rather than the lack of it. People always say exercises help you come back faster and stronger, but in some cases the inappropriate types of manoeuvres slow down your progress.

And then there are players who are obviously not fit but have been rushed back or overplayed. Kompany was probably one. And I'll eat my socks if you tell me Yaya is 100% fit for this match. Little to none effort in running to track back and so many inaccurate passes. Kun has looked knackered for the past month. Silva's problem could have been easily solved if we just gave him a month or more to rest after his injury.

Players would always insist they are fit enough, for a proper professional player would always want to play. And important players are hard to replace. But ultimately one has to question if this is good for the players and the team to rush them back too soon. For all we have spent in building a state-of-the-art medical centre, one would have thought we would have the best personnel and equipment available. But no, it is not enough, not with the board and the management seemingly having inadequate medical knowledge.

There was no use to rest 8 or 9 players last Sunday (though admittedly some of them needed it), for the damage is probably done as early as pre-season. Pellegrini was probably not failed by the players' efforts last night (they have put in quite a lot in CL this season, so it is illogical to believe they will downtool at this stage), nor by his tactics (thought he tried his best), but largely by the mistakes he made earlier in the season. Now there's nothing that could be done but to hope that we put on the best performance of the season on Sunday.

Management that are too loyal and weak.

The situation in the league Cup final said everything about Pellegrini. He showed far to much loyalty to Willie Caballero. He got lucky and the willy was the hero, but a top and ruthless manager would and should always choose the better player ie Joe Hart.

Last night he sacrificed KDM playing out wide to accommodate YaYa....weak, pathetic decision.

Perversely, looking back, I wonder whether Bony might have had a role to play last night? We were crying out for someone to hold up the ball... I know how unhinged that sounds...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.