Madrid v City CL semi final 2nd leg

Fernandinho ran his socks off, Joe made some fantastic saves. Again though you need a team to beat a team like Madrid and we didn't have one. I thought we defended as well as we could considering the circumstances. Yaya was totally ineffectual and shouldn't of played, that was his last game in a city shirt for me because he doesn't do anything that he used to anymore. Why any team would consider paying money for him after that I really don't know.

I think we got short changed completely by our players in the final third, Sergio had probably the worst game I have seen from him and De Bruyne, did he play? There was just no energy, no nothing, nothing at all that would suggest we really wanted to get that goal, a goal that woud of WON US THE TIE??!!?!!?!?!?!? There was just no pressing apart from the two Fern's and the rest of the game passed most by, It really is so frustrating the way we finished the game.

We really looked like a team that had already lost from the start and after Kompany left we were just playing down the clock waiting for the inevitable.. I think some players really wanted it like Fernandinho and the rest just didn't, at no point did we ever look like coming remotely close or get our act into gear. Madrid deserve to go through but my god, they must be laughing their heads off at how easy it was and what an awful opportunity lost. I don't even think Madrid played that well, they were playing against a team that failed to press, failed to inject some energy into the game and failed to turn up.

I'm proud we got so far but last night we have never looked so far away, we need Pep in ASAP to tear this team apart and start instilling something that is good in this team because I'm afraid the majority of it is completely spent and last night was well out of it's depth. Our season ended last night for me because if that is what a game like that means then why are we hoping to continue to be in the competition?

Perfectly illustrated why we are changing our manager.....and why many of these players will be moved on

Another Pellegrini 'pipe and slippers' performance

The worst thing about it is that it was there for us if only the manager had done his job. Playing Yaya was just ridiculous in the extreme, I knew he would do it and I knew what the outcome would be. To have our captain strolling around like it was a friendly in a CL semi-final was bizarre.

Utterly dreadful performances over both legs.
He's sacrificed the FA Cup and the league for that load of crap, I wouldn't have paid to watch it in the back garden. I can't wait until the man has gone, Pep has a monster job on his hands.

Doesn't help that our wingers are asked to do a lot of defensive work..you didn't see Ronaldo and Bale tracking our fullbacks every time they went forward because their midfielders work hard and defend intelligently, their forward players were never isolated due to this. Could learn something from that Madrid tactic, leave 2/3 forward and press in numbers when they reach the final third, emphasis on the in numbers and not just one player at a time like we do, leaving us exposed when any half decent team can just pass the ball by them.

What the FUCK was our game plan last night?
What is our game plan ever? We're just thrown out there with what must be the instructions of "just see what happens lads, we're in sky blue/the horrendous kids kit with the shit Moon arms/the horrendous illuminous green kit, good luck"!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.