Madrid v City CL semi final 2nd leg

I agree with points one and 2 but not with point 3.

Bony could have been used to allow us to try something different. It was clear that our slow passing build up play was having zero positive effect and Bony could have given us the option to become a bit more direct and try something different. It's not that I think he deserved to play but it may have given their defence a different problem to deal with if we had thrown the ball into the box for Bony and Iheanacho in the last 10-15 mins. Having said that, when we play Bony we don't tend to change our style of play anyway (partly the reason he has been so ineffective for us) so it probably wouldn't have made any difference. I just hate to see us continuing to try something that clearly isn't working.

It is frustrating at times and you are right, we wouldn't have changed our style of play so Bony would have been getting on the end of nothing.

Pellegrini is very one dimensional and it was sussed ages ago. Unless we score first we are next to useless.

Simple instructions to the wide players. In a one on one take your man on and cross it or go for it yourself. Would stop the preoccupation of our other players to hang around aimlessly outside the area with no movement.

1. Sterling doesn't deserve to start, but we needed width. Toure could have been a great impact sub in the second half. Him starting was especially questionable since he was fresh off of an injury. Personally I would have tried Iheanacho on the wing but its not like we have options at the moment.

2. Fernando too is out of his depth, but Delph is much more creative and they are on a similar level.

3. Bony is the only only target man we have. It was him or no one. None of the changes Pelle made impacted the game. Bony could have been a hit or a miss, but it would have been something different. Neither Aguero nor Iheanacho can do what he can. We need to play to strengths, not focus on weaknesses. With Bony in the box at least there would have been someone to shoot long balls at.

Basically with Bony up top, Navas and Sterling on the wings and Iheanacho or Aguero roaming the area, it would be great to swing in crosses, deliver long balls and at least try to cause some chaos. Instead we side passed the last 10 minutes.

With Sterling and Iheanacho on we couldn't bring on Bony as we'd made our 3 subs.

I suspect Sagna, Clichy and Navas will be in Guardiola's squad too. Possibly Mangala and Fernando. I can't see us making 10+ changes to the squad in window.

We cant change 4 fullbacks so I suspect Clichy and Sagna will stay and Zabaleta and Kolorov will leave (If anyone is daft enough to take him)

I can see the whole central midfield being changed but one or two will stay as back up.

I think we will sign 5/6 players and so at least that many have to go.

We need 2 full backs, a CB, at least 2 midfield players, if not 3, and a forward.

By the end of Pep's stay, I expect there will only be 2/3 players left from this side.

Suddenly expecting us to start using Bony effectively, in a Champs Lg semi final, is stretching the imagination imo.

It's something we should have been working on all season, but haven't. We play exactly the same with him as if he was Silva or DeBruyne.

That's so depressingly true.

Playing the exact same way with Bony or Silva just sums up Pellegrini's 'coaching'.

to be honest, im just embarrassed by our performance. I hate it when we get slated by other fans and the media but today we deserve every bit of it.

i think we rely too much on Kun and KDB for a moment of magic to win us games. I dont see a game plan? im not an expert i know, but apart from slow sideways passing, i see no actual game plan to win games as a team?

There was no fight last night. No leaders on the pitch. And thats embarrassing. I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall in the dressing room at half time. I have no idea what Pellers said to them at half time if anything!!

It would have been nice to try and win the game near the end. I have no issues with keeping the game tight, and for an hour or so it was fine, we were shit but still in it and we only needed the one goal. The last 10 mins especially was just dam right embarrassing. Even the great passing team of bayern were lumping balls into the box, getting crosses into the box, trying to at least get a result the other night. We did sod all really.

this is the pinnacle of European football, a competition all top pros want to win, this is why clubs pay millions and millions for the best players and the best managers, and we put in a performance like that!!?? I am ashamed to be honest.

anyway rant over. Lets just get this season over with and get ready for next season.

CTID

Bony, as he was when he came to City, could have played for Bayern v Atlectico on Tues & might easily have won them the game. The Bayern strikers finishing was abysmal. They must have played 30 balls in, exactly the kind Bony dreams of. That's tiki taki Pep's team, pummelling crosses in & it causing havoc.

But we are above that kind of football & wouldn't dream of playing balls into a centre forward, especially in the air. We just aim for the 6 yard box, along the ground, with our striker stood on the far side behind 3 defenders & the keeper or outside the penalty area.

And we repeat this over & over, week in week out, because sooner or later it will surely work.

Bony wouldn't have got a single ball if he'd come on & would end up hiding in midfield with Aguero.

That is spot on Nev. Bony gets dogs abuse on here at times, and some of it is well justified, but when did we ever play to his strengths? Most of us were well happy when we signed him as it looked like we had a plan b, but no-one seems to have told the other players.

PELLIGRINI HAS TOOK US BACKWARDS BACKWARDS BACKWARDS, AND HE IS SUPPOSED TO BE LOOKING FOR A JOB IN THE PREM. NOT A CHANCE.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.