Madrid v City CL semi final 2nd leg

Personally I would disagree with all of those points.

1. Sterling has shown nothing in the last 3 months to merit a start, Toure has the experience - it didn't work out but we hardly got overran. The game plan was ok until the 65th minute or so when we then should have put the foot on the gas.

2. Delph is out of his depth at this level and would have added nothing. He is a poor signing and shouldn't be here. That doesn't mean Fernando should either. It's poor planning and signings.

3. Bony has shown nothing when he does come on to make me think that he would have had any influence on that game. He is another who has jumped one step too high on the level ladder. He needs to drop down a notch and head back to a mid table club where he will play more and I'm sure do better.

1. Sterling doesn't deserve to start, but we needed width. Toure could have been a great impact sub in the second half. Him starting was especially questionable since he was fresh off of an injury. Personally I would have tried Iheanacho on the wing but its not like we have options at the moment.

2. Fernando too is out of his depth, but Delph is much more creative and they are on a similar level.

3. Bony is the only only target man we have. It was him or no one. None of the changes Pelle made impacted the game. Bony could have been a hit or a miss, but it would have been something different. Neither Aguero nor Iheanacho can do what he can. We need to play to strengths, not focus on weaknesses. With Bony in the box at least there would have been someone to shoot long balls at.

Basically with Bony up top, Navas and Sterling on the wings and Iheanacho or Aguero roaming the area, it would be great to swing in crosses, deliver long balls and at least try to cause some chaos. Instead we side passed the last 10 minutes.

1. Sterling doesn't deserve to start, but we needed width. Toure could have been a great impact sub in the second half. Him starting was especially questionable since he was fresh off of an injury. Personally I would have tried Iheanacho on the wing but its not like we have options at the moment.

2. Fernando too is out of his depth, but Delph is much more creative and they are on a similar level.

3. Bony is the only only target man we have. It was him or no one. None of the changes Pelle made impacted the game. Bony could have been a hit or a miss, but it would have been something different. Neither Aguero nor Iheanacho can do what he can. We need to play to strengths, not focus on weaknesses. With Bony in the box at least there would have been someone to shoot long balls at.

Suddenly expecting us to start using Bony effectively, in a Champs Lg semi final, is stretching the imagination imo.

It's something we should have been working on all season, but haven't. We play exactly the same with him as if he was Silva or DeBruyne.

Disappointed and Gutted
A team with our caliber of players shouldnt go on pitch fearing a loss
But happy we came this far and this years disappoinment will provide us vital experience for future

Sterling has been fucking terrible recently. If he'd showed anything in the last game, fair enough.

It's very much hindsight to suggest him as an option in this game. I'm no fan of Pellegrini but it's just not fair to suggest Sterling was a likely solution he should have picked.

re Sterling. I know the kids shot of confidence but I'd take a mobile sterling who puts a shift in everyday of the week over yaya toure at this moment in time. Yes Sterling's been bad recently but he gets up and down the pitch which we needed last night. not a lump that gives the ball away stands there and watches Madrid counter, imagine what the rest of the team think of that, he's just not got the legs anymore against good opposition.

Suddenly expecting us to start using Bony effectively, in a Champs Lg semi final, is stretching the imagination imo.

It's something we should have been working on all season, but haven't. We play exactly the same with him as if he was Silva or DeBruyne.

Agreed. And could hardly expect Pelle to make some tactical changes late on. Still - this is what should have happened. Bring in a target man and try crosses / long balls. If not Bony, than at least throw one of the defenders up front.

This is the thing which pisses me off the most. We get 'exposed' in midfield & defence because we are an 'attacking' team. And the proof is because we are top scorers. Just ask Bournmouth & Newcastle.

The truth is we have no fucking idea how to attack, at all, v any half decent team which is up for a game & trying to stop us . And rely on individuals to come up with something as we have no team plan whatsoever.

When Pellegrini first arrived, with Negredo & Navas, that team was on another planet compared to this one. If he was still here next year, we'd be Villa.
Which explains why we havent won a single.game against any of the teams in the top 7

Agreed. And could hardly expect Pelle to make some tactical changes late on. Still - this is what should have happened. Bring in a target man and try crosses / long balls. If not Bony, than at least throw one of the defenders up front.

That would have made total sense for 5/10 mins because we had nothing to lose. Putting a big fucker up there signals exactly what the plan is & gives their cbs something extra to worry about. It's not as if Ronaldo is going to pick him up. It gives inbalance to their defence.

Basically with Bony up top, Navas and Sterling on the wings and Iheanacho or Aguero roaming the area, it would be great to swing in crosses, deliver long balls and at least try to cause some chaos. Instead we side passed the last 10 minutes.

Someone else alluded to it though, had Bony come on, we wouldn't have changed the way we play. We never do. Like you say we pass it sideways when there are 3 minutes left and we need a goal.

Hopefully these discussions will reduce next season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.