Madrid v City CL semi final 2nd leg

Kev was played out of position until Yaya went off, Aguero had no support what so ever. I am still pissed that we did not start playing long ball with 10 min to go. We continued to play the same boring way as we have all season and have no Plan B. This manager won the title with Mancini team and has lived off that for the past 2 years. Should of gone at the start of this season and has possible now cost us a top 4 spot.

Id be surprised if any of them even needed to bother with a shower after the match, ive put more effort into taking dumps

Jesus, have a fucking go lads. One goal would have won it for you. At least act like you're interested in getting to the final... unbelievable.

That is spot on Nev. Bony gets dogs abuse on here at times, and some of it is well justified, but when did we ever play to his strengths? Most of us were well happy when we signed him as it looked like we had a plan b, but no-one seems to have told the other players.

Spot on. We almost never adjust our tactics. Bony is not Aguero and never will be. And tactics should change accordingly to play to strengths.

Wouldn't work anyway mate already used the 3 sub's !

But my initial comment regarded a different starting line-up, only afterwards different changes. Bony for one should have been a priority sub in the second half. Even ahead of Iheanacho.

Excellent post mate but we went out last night with a whimper in reality.

1-0, 3-0, 5-0, it's all the same at the end of the day and yes, our game plan to keep them quiet and not get a second goal was the right way to go about it last night given we only needed a single goal to go through but at what point do you go for that single goal?

To me it was around the 84th minute and that is simply not good enough.

The future is bright, very bright indeed but im so disappointed in our performance last night right now.

I'm appalled with what I saw last night. It was that of a side who were happy to go through the motions in arguably their biggest game of the season.

This club has failed in terms of trophies since the takeover. Four in 8 years is a shambles considering the money we've spent.

I thought our basic problem was that we had decided to play a slow build up game (not necessarily a bad thing against RM), but still managed to keep giving the ball away. There were quite a few technical weaknesses on show yesterday.

Spot on. We almost never adjust our tactics. Bony is not Aguero and never will be. And tactics should change accordingly to play to strengths.

Of course we never play to his strengths. We'd need a completely different squad to do that. He was just a bad purchase for our team and style of play. Feel bad for him, not his fault.

Of course we never play to his strengths. We'd need a completely different squad to do that. He was just a bad purchase for our team and style of play. Feel bad for him, not his fault.

Will be interesting to see what Pep thinks of him. He's definitely the type of player Pep will need. But will he give him a chance or look for some alternative? Not much in the market though...

We never leave anything on the field. At the final whistle we did not look out on our feet, disappointed , gutted, fucked. Drained. Cramp? we never gave it Enough of a go and we needed to score and we did not have a shot on target. There will be regrets for a long time with these players that they will live with. If we lose and you say we gave it everything but they were better than us then fine. But I am not sure we can say that and certainly not the first part of that sentence.

That is what is so disappointing for me. We just did not give it our all and we should have.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.