Mahrez or Zaha...choose one

If we are going for Za Ha ha ha lets go balls out and get Danny Rose... that fecker can get a free kick for falling over a catspaw.

some stats...PL

Appearances
Zaha 28(1), Mahrez 34(2)

Goals
Zaha 9, Mahrez 12.

Assists
Zaha 3, Mahrez 10.

Shots on Target
Zaha 40.6%, Mahrez 49.3%

Shots Per Goal
Zaha 7.11, Mahrez 6.08

Shots On Target per Goal
Zaha 2.88, Mahrez 3.

Key Passes
Zaha 53, Mahrez 57.

Short Pass Accuracy
Zaha 75.6%, Mahrez 81.2%

Short Passes per 90 mins
Zaha 16.2, Mahrez 25.2

Long Pass Accuracy
Zaha 52.6%, Mahrez 68.4%.

Long Passes per 90 mins
Zaha 0.4, Mahrez 3.

Successful Dribbles
Zaha 119, Mahrez 81.

Dribble Success %
Zaha 60.4%, Mahrez 51.3%

Unsuccessful Touches
Zaha 106, Mahrez 92.

Dispossessed
Zaha 110, Mahrez 64.

Headers Won
Zaha 4, Mahrez 28.

Header Success %
Zaha 21%, Mahrez 35%.

Successful Tackles
Zaha 30, Mahrez 39.

Tackle Success %
Zaha 61.2%, Mahrez 42.4%

Interceptions
Zaha 7, Mahrez 18.

Fouled
Zaha 76, Mahrez 58.

Fouls Committed
Zaha 45, Mahrez 23.

Caught Offside
Zaha 19, Mahrez 10.

Clearances
Zaha 1, Mahrez 9.

Passes Blocked
Zaha 24, Mahrez 31.

Speaks for itself.

some stats...PL

Appearances
Zaha 28(1), Mahrez 34(2)

Goals
Zaha 9, Mahrez 12.

Assists
Zaha 3, Mahrez 10.

Shots on Target
Zaha 40.6%, Mahrez 49.3%

Shots Per Goal
Zaha 7.11, Mahrez 6.08

Shots On Target per Goal
Zaha 2.88, Mahrez 3.

Key Passes
Zaha 53, Mahrez 57.

Short Pass Accuracy
Zaha 75.6%, Mahrez 81.2%

Short Passes per 90 mins
Zaha 16.2, Mahrez 25.2

Long Pass Accuracy

Long Passes per 90 mins
Zaha 0.4, Mahrez 3.

Successful Dribbles
Zaha 119, Mahrez 81.

Dribble Success %
Zaha 60.4%, Mahrez 51.3%

Unsuccessful Touches
Zaha 106, Mahrez 92.

Dispossessed
Zaha 110, Mahrez 64.

Headers Won
Zaha 4, Mahrez 28.

Header Success %
Zaha 21%, Mahrez 35%.

Successful Tackles
Zaha 30, Mahrez 39.

Tackle Success %
Zaha 61.2%, Mahrez 42.4%

Interceptions
Zaha 7, Mahrez 18.

Fouled
Zaha 76, Mahrez 58.

Fouls Committed
Zaha 45, Mahrez 23.

Caught Offside
Zaha 19, Mahrez 10.

Clearances
Zaha 1, Mahrez 9.

Passes Blocked
Zaha 24, Mahrez 31.

Speaks for itself.

Playing in a relegation squad vs playing in a Europa level squad can skew those numbers. The important stats for me dribble success % and tackle won %. Can you press effectively? Can you beat a man and create something when there’s 8 in the box? Mahrez is obviously the safer option but Zaha is the one that intrigues me more. I’d like to think he’s more versatile as well. I think at the end of the day Mahrez is probably the player you get if you can get either one but Zaha really, really intrigues me. I also like the ex rag angle. That’s so much fun taking a rivals player and beating their ass with him.

Mahrez most definitely. Still seems to be playing at a level close to when Leicester won the title and is helping Vardy continue to play well.

Zaha seems very wasteful and a bit big (for lack of a better term) of a personality that may change the dynamic in the dressing room.
He surely won't be doing that at City. Messi maybe. But Zaha? No!

Playing in a relegation squad vs playing in a Europa level squad can skew those numbers. The important stats for me dribble success % and tackle won %. Can you press effectively? Can you beat a man and create something when there’s 8 in the box? Mahrez is obviously the safer option but Zaha is the one that intrigues me more. I’d like to think he’s more versatile as well. I think at the end of the day Mahrez is probably the player you get if you can get either one but Zaha really, really intrigues me. I also like the ex rag angle. That’s so much fun taking a rivals player and beating their ass with him.
My view exactly. I'm even willing to admit that Mahrez is the better footballer. I just think Zaha has more of what we need. Mahrez strikes me as a trickier Bernado with weaker ball control.

Zaha is a slower Sane with the skill and physicality of Gabriel and Sterling.

Something about that type of explosiveness in our well curated pass attack, just appeals to me.

some stats...PL

Appearances
Zaha 28(1), Mahrez 34(2)

Goals
Zaha 9, Mahrez 12.

Assists
Zaha 3, Mahrez 10.

Shots on Target
Zaha 40.6%, Mahrez 49.3%

Shots Per Goal
Zaha 7.11, Mahrez 6.08

Shots On Target per Goal
Zaha 2.88, Mahrez 3.

Key Passes
Zaha 53, Mahrez 57.

Short Pass Accuracy
Zaha 75.6%, Mahrez 81.2%

Short Passes per 90 mins
Zaha 16.2, Mahrez 25.2

Long Pass Accuracy

Long Passes per 90 mins
Zaha 0.4, Mahrez 3.

Successful Dribbles
Zaha 119, Mahrez 81.

Dribble Success %
Zaha 60.4%, Mahrez 51.3%

Unsuccessful Touches
Zaha 106, Mahrez 92.

Dispossessed
Zaha 110, Mahrez 64.

Headers Won
Zaha 4, Mahrez 28.

Header Success %
Zaha 21%, Mahrez 35%.

Successful Tackles
Zaha 30, Mahrez 39.

Tackle Success %
Zaha 61.2%, Mahrez 42.4%

Interceptions
Zaha 7, Mahrez 18.

Fouled
Zaha 76, Mahrez 58.

Fouls Committed
Zaha 45, Mahrez 23.

Caught Offside
Zaha 19, Mahrez 10.

Clearances
Zaha 1, Mahrez 9.

Passes Blocked
Zaha 24, Mahrez 31.

Speaks for itself.
Zaha played often as the main striker on a disjointed team. Where he was the outlet. Mahrez was the star of an upper midtable team.

But like I said, Mahrez is the better footballer. Zaha is the one that adds the most value. Dribbling, explosiveness, streghtsand physicality. Zaha wins on all those 4 qualities. And I think that's what we are looking dof in who challenges Sane on the left.

Zaha played often as the main striker on a disjointed team. Where he was the outlet. Mahrez was the star of an upper midtable team.

But like I said, Mahrez is the better footballer. Zaha is the one that adds the most value. Dribbling, explosiveness, streghtsand physicality. Zaha wins on all those 4 qualities. And I think that's what we are looking dof in who challenges Sane on the left.

That last paragraph sums it up for me. I think Bernardo/Raz is the combination on the right and Sane/Zaha would be the left. I know we all bought into the Bernardo slotting centrally role but right now I’m thinking that’s a long shot.

The bolded part rings true to me too. I think Zaha is the more exciting play with more
Value but it looks like Mahrez and that’s fine but a little boring.

That last paragraph sums it up for me. I think Bernardo/Raz is the combination on the right and Sane/Zaha would be the left. I know we all bought into the Bernardo slotting centrally role but right now I’m thinking that’s a long shot.

The bolded part rings true to me too. I think Zaha is the more exciting play with more
Value but it looks like Mahrez and that’s fine but a little boring.
Mahrez boring ? I give up

We're going to be facing a lot of deep, packed defences next season and I feel that Zaha's strengths will be somewhat negated in those circumstances. I suspect Mahrez's skill set would be the more effective of the 2 for us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.