Mahrez or Zaha...choose one

Just think Mahrez is highly under-rated, especially on here , some think of him as just a winger who supplies Vardy’s goals. He’s a talented , silky smooth player, plenty of trickery & pace , a crisp accurate passer who scores goals , he could fit in in a number of positions along the front . Zaha is a good player but only has a physical presence over Mahrez . Praying we sign him, would be a revelation under Pep.

He also has considerably more pace than Mahrez and is perhaps better able to play up the middle as well

He also has considerably more pace than Mahrez and is perhaps better able to play up the middle as well

They are stylistically different players. I think Mahrez could play a more central role very well but not as an out and out centre forward; whereas Zaha could play as a centre forward (in same way Aguero and Jesus do i.e. as opposed to how Andy Carroll does). However, I am not entirely convinced by Zaha and I am not confident he has the capability to deliver the requisite quality consistently; that doesn't mean he can't but it's one very big reason why I prefer Mahrez.

The biggest reason though is that Mahrez is one of that select band of players that shits me up when he gets the ball against us; whereas every opponent's touch gives you toilet troubles ;-) xxx. When Zaha gets the ball, I think: Kyle's got this.

They are stylistically different players. I think Mahrez could play a more central role very well but not as an out and out centre forward; whereas Zaha could play as a centre forward (in same way Aguero and Jesus do i.e. as opposed to how Andy Carroll does). However, I am not entirely convinced by Zaha and I am not confident he has the capability to deliver the requisite quality consistently; that doesn't mean he can't but it's one very big reason why I prefer Mahrez.

The biggest reason though is that Mahrez is one of that select band of players that shits me up when he gets the ball against us; whereas every opponent's touch gives you toilet troubles ;-) xxx. When Zaha gets the ball, I think: Kyle's got this.

Yeh, I know where you’re coming from and I don’t really disagree. I am mindful of the need for something a bit different up top though, and particularly since Aguero’s been out, opposition teams (dippers, rags, Huddersfield, Soton) have been able to frustrate Leroy and Raheem by doubling up on them continually, and when we have managed to eventually free them up, there’s been no-one in the middle. I like the idea that Pep might be able to fashion a decent centre forward out of Zaha, which I don’t think Mahrez has the physical presence for. I think Mahrez is the more accomplished and intelligent player of the two, but the thought of Sane, Sterling and Zaha, all bearing down on the opposition backline at warp speed, excites me

It's a tough call marhez is more of a threat in my opinion he is like a cheaper hazard, and he is deadly from set pieces but will he get to take them here? Meanwhile zaha is more physical presence and pretty sure he won't take a foreign spot in the squad. Would pick marhez based on talent though.

Yeh, I know where you’re coming from and I don’t really disagree. I am mindful of the need for something a bit different up top though, and particularly since Aguero’s been out, opposition teams (dippers, rags, Huddersfield, Soton) have been able to frustrate Leroy and Raheem by doubling up on them continually, and when we have managed to eventually free them up, there’s been no-one in the middle. I like the idea that Pep might be able to fashion a decent centre forward out of Zaha, which I don’t think Mahrez has the physical presence for. I think Mahrez is the more accomplished and intelligent player of the two, but the thought of Sane, Sterling and Zaha, all bearing down on the opposition backline at warp speed, excites me

That would be a scary prospect for opponents. My dream though would be to have Hazard and it's only a dream because Chelsea are likely to be so awkward. If we bought Hazard, the rest really would cack their pants.

Mahrez, but neither, thank you. Prices are going crazy and neither player is anywhere close to where they are being valued. If we are going to spend that much money, we need “special.” Mahrez is far more special than Zaha, but neither will add significantly to this squad in the way a big money buy should.

Mahrez, but neither, thank you. Prices are going crazy and neither player is anywhere close to where they are being valued. If we are going to spend that much money, we need “special.” Mahrez is far more special than Zaha, but neither will add significantly to this squad in the way a big money buy should.
You think 55- 65 million couldl get us better quality than Mahrez/Zaha?

So which players did you have in mind who are of better quality but cheaper?

You think 55- 65 million couldl get us better quality than Mahrez/Zaha?

So which players did you have in mind who are of better quality but cheaper?
I don’t have a response to the second question, as I haven’t thought about it, but it is symbolic of my point that we are discussing Zaha as a £55-65M player! What a joke!

Spend another £20M and get world class...or does world class come with a three figure sum now?

There has never been a better time to use coaching to bring talent through, and the timing of the Academy has been serendipitous. I would like to see Nmecha, Diaz, Foden given time and bring Patrick Roberts back to see if he has the business or whether Scottish football (and playing for a dominant Celtic team) has flattered his abilities. Three of those players are attackers, and with the dominance of Pep’s midfielders in his game, we have the luxury of brining such players along. Nmecha, in particular, needs some coaching if he is to make the grade at City, and we have the chance now, with two world class forwards already, to help him become good enough to fit in. At present, he looks a little lost when he comes on for his cameos, and that is down to the coaching, if they think he is technically competent to be on the field.

But we have the money though. And both are pretty much the best players in the pram outside the top 6. I think 50 million for zaha would be a steal in this market to be honest.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.