Mahrez or Zaha...choose one

Mahrez goes past players more frequently than Bernardo but his age is somewhat of a deterrent.

That being said, Zaha is older than I realised too.

I’m not convinced Zaha has the brain for a Pep team, so I’d go for Mahrez. I actually think he’s a more dangerous player than Bernardo on the right. Bernardo needs to have the creative freedom to roam in order to fulfil his potential.

Shouldn't even be up for discussion
We need neither.
Foden and Diaz to get more first team minutes as buying either is just cutting them off

Zaha has proven he's no good at being the little fish in the big pond. I like Mahrez but would sooner have a younger better version.

Zaha has proven he's no good at being the little fish in the big pond. I like Mahrez but would sooner have a younger better version.

Pretty harsh, he had one shot and that was under a woefully inept Moyes. A manager like Pep or Klopp would surely be much better for him.

Pretty harsh, he had one shot and that was under a woefully inept Moyes. A manager like Pep or Klopp would surely be much better for him.

I doubt it.

Harsh but true mate there has been so many players like him over the years (we've signed plenty of them) who have looked the bees knees in the shit side but fail to make the step up.

Wouldn't be disappointed with either, nor would i be overly enthusiastic but given the choice it's Zaha for me.

Fits the mould of player we need more than Mahrez. No doubting Mahrez's ability but Zaha has more similar attributes to Sane which I think is what Pep will be looking for. Faster and his game is based more on utilising his pace to exploit space. Mahrez is more similar to Bernardo in that he prefers the ball at his feet.

You can argue Mahrez would offer more variety and might be a better option as an alternative for when things aren't going our way but Zaha would fit more seemlessly into a starting 11.

Dont see Zaha coming here though, he will be in high demand this summer and its likely a guarantee of being an automatic starter will sway his choice if he was to leave Palace again, especially after his stint at United. After seeing the season Sane has had he will know there will be periods on the bench and I just think at this stage in his career he will want guaranteed football.

Mahrez is slightly more attainable for me, Zaha is hot right now whereas Mahrez hit that level of demand 2 years ago. Not suggesting he's on a downward spiral, just that he might be more open to being part of a squad and all that involves.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.