Maine Rd terrace characters

Ian said:
Anyone remeber the guys name that had MCFC tattood on his dick? Think his nickname was Bulldog!

remember him running on the pitch at Bury when they beat us 2-0 in the league cup...the whole end chanted his name!

I remember a face who always used to hang around near to or in with the away fans in the Kippax.If there was any trouble,he was involved.He was a tall guy with dark wavy hair.Me and my mates were in awe of him and always used to look out for him.
I remember when we played Dirty Leeds away in the late 70's,him and his mate ,climbed out of the Leeds end,ran across the pitch whilst the game continued,only to stop and give McQueen the wanker gesture and then jumped in with the City fans.Happy days.

LongsightM13 said:
Never understood why the loons would insist on standing there when it was pissing down and a roof and shelter was 10 yards away.

That was indeed one of the great mysteries of Maine Road

It even had the worst view of the entire Kippax.

thelegde said:
A Blue said:
Remember Les well. Stayed with him at his Aunts in Windsor during a double header in London. He dragged me to Cold Trafford one night while we were queing for Derby tickets, just so we could abuse united fans. I rememder a guy called Gypo who could look after himself. Anyone recall Tiny Davies. Think he managed Mercer Celtic.

Yeah remember him well. Ted was a giant of a man. Also Tony Valenti from Middleton somewhere. I used to play for Swinton Labour Club and we drew Middleton Labour Club in the quarter final of Lancashire Labour Club competition. I asked him how to get to their ground, he said there's no point you turning up cos you wont win anyway.
Also remember a cup replay away to Leicester late 60's when we went on a coach and one lad on there called Sid, who was a real character, used to like a ruck.
the swinton ledge.that guy doesnt miss games.

Not technically a Maine Road legend but I'll ask again.....At United in the early 90s, Pointon sent off, 1-1, who WAS that lad who ran the length of the pitch to jump on Curley and then jump in our end. Come on, someone must know him. My second favourite derby after the 5-1. I want to thank him personally!

M27 how do you remember that !
I was behind the goal when curley scored that pen, the reason I ask you is because my dirty rag mate was in stretford ene and he sed he had never seen a set of fans celebrate a goal like we did that night. We went absolutely raving mental. I got crushed jumped on and stamped on. Lol brilliant night. 10 men you couldn't beat 10 men

m27 said:
Not technically a Maine Road legend but I'll ask again.....At United in the early 90s, Pointon sent off, 1-1, who WAS that lad who ran the length of the pitch to jump on Curley and then jump in our end. Come on, someone must know him. My second favourite derby after the 5-1. I want to thank him personally!
somebody must know who he was,WHO WAS HE?

Not technically a Maine Road legend, but who remembers the Bradford Gypsy?

Ran on the pitch in the promotion game at Bradford, urging the players on and telling them that we had to score?

Looked like a gypsy, even the Bradford fans regaled him with "Where's your caravan?"

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.