Maine Road FC 2018/2019

Have they asked the council for a £500,000 loan like the council have given to another non league outfit?
Sadly not. They play in the wrong colour for that... and i'm sure the club are out to rip off the local community like those fake red twats.

There is a fair bit of land adjacent to the club, along with the land the club is on that really could be turned into something special if they got together with the council to develop it. Maybe turn it into a 4G and rent it out on non match days

Last edited:
Lost 3 - 1 at home last night too against Vauxhall Motors.

Attendance: 75 which is an improvement on Saturday's but still a figure that leaves me wondering how they keep the lights on.

Sadly not. They play in the wrong colour for that... and i'm sure the club are out to rip off the local community like those fake red twats.

There is a fair bit of land adjacent to the club, along with the land the club is on that really could be turned into something special if they got together with the council to develop it. Maybe turn it into a 4G and rent it out on non match days
Isn't the land owned by Manchester County FA?

Isn't the land owned by Manchester County FA?
To be honest, i've no idea who owns the land. I know Manchester FA spent money on the ground 30 years or so ago, but I couldn't say one way or another who owned it. This would obviously throw my suggestion of development into oblivion. Looking at the place though, other than a lick of paint, nothing has been done to it in years. Such a shame as it could be a really decent set up

Attendance: 75 which is an improvement on Saturday's but still a figure that leaves me wondering how they keep the lights on.

A fiver to get in too, not a lot of income there.

Sent my Friends of Maine Rd 25 quid last night.

Clubs like this living hand to mouth and twats like Scudamore taking Millions out of the game.

A fiver to get in too, not a lot of income there.

Sent my Friends of Maine Rd 25 quid last night.

Clubs like this living hand to mouth and twats like Scudamore taking Millions out of the game.

Good on you mate, I guess every penny counts for non league clubs.

It’s crazy the way the football pyramid works and you’re spot on about people like Scudamore. I think Maine Road are to an extent happy at operating on a small budget but it’s got to be really tough. I’ve watched them for only 6 or 7 years and enjoy it a lot. By and large they’ve always tried to play football in a positive way. They don’t pay their players (possibly win bonuses and expenses) and it’s been predominantly young lads that have gone through from the youth side. From my experience it’s a dead friendly club and you can tell the people that run it absolutely love the game!

If people are reading this and haven’t been to a game, take Tbilisi’s advice and give it a go. There are some belting games at that level, you can have a beer at the side of the pitch and a smoke if that’s your thing. You can stand up or sit down and change ends at half time. It’s a fiver to get in...

To be honest, i've no idea who owns the land. I know Manchester FA spent money on the ground 30 years or so ago, but I couldn't say one way or another who owned it. This would obviously throw my suggestion of development into oblivion. Looking at the place though, other than a lick of paint, nothing has been done to it in years. Such a shame as it could be a really decent set up

It`s church land (part of it ), owned by one of the local churches, so very limited with any development.

A lad I was in the boys brigade with ended up playing for them for years. Ian walker - he was a great player.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.