Maine Road (now) photos

interpol

Knew would be down near Maine Rd today, so popped round with the camera.....good to see they are actually doing something with the land at last.

End of Maine Road

End of Maine Road looking across Social Club Car Park

Maine Road

Club Shop

Kippax St. towards corner of Kippax/North Stand

Back of North Stand

i went back round in September looking for somewhere to scatter my dad's ashes

the streets leading up are just the same, but where the ground was ............. sigh

Jesus............................ it's as if it wasn't even there to begin with.

8 years on and still hard to take I remember the last day vs Southampton lost 1-0 but everyone wasn't even arsed about the result or game so many tears and memories that day.

I remember when they did a special on ITV I was about 14/15 and remember just sat in my room in tears, I remember people saying I was a sad wet arse being reminded that it was only a football stadium......

I think most can agree that it was much more then just a stadium.

Tricky Dickys Right Foot Shot said:
Jesus............................ it's as if it wasn't even there to begin with.

8 years on and still hard to take I remember the last day vs Southampton lost 1-0 but everyone wasn't even arsed about the result or game so many tears and memories that day.

I remember when they did a special on ITV I was about 14/15 and remember just sat in my room in tears, I remember people saying I was a sad wet arse being reminded that it was only a football stadium......

I think most can agree that it was much more then just a stadium.
it contained the memories, thoughts and emotions of so many people, some still here and some not
'just a stadium' can't do that

nipped down there a few months ago with an american visitor off this forum.....had tears in my eyes trying to point out the places.

that one looking down maine road just doesn't feel right ;(

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.