Maine Road (now) photos

Thanks for the snaps blue. I will never ever get the same buzz I got as I approached the ground from the Moss Side shithole and saw the floodlights or the feeling when I ran up the kippax steps and saw the pitch, it was the right decision to leave and I thank god every day I was able to spend a lot of my youth singing vicious anti-rag songs on the kippax.

squirtyflower said:
Tricky Dickys Right Foot Shot said:
Jesus............................ it's as if it wasn't even there to begin with.

8 years on and still hard to take I remember the last day vs Southampton lost 1-0 but everyone wasn't even arsed about the result or game so many tears and memories that day.

I remember when they did a special on ITV I was about 14/15 and remember just sat in my room in tears, I remember people saying I was a sad wet arse being reminded that it was only a football stadium......

I think most can agree that it was much more then just a stadium.
it contained the memories, thoughts and emotions of so many people, some still here and some not
'just a stadium' can't do that

I shed a few tears that day.

So many happy memories.

Anyone else really dissapointed by the poor quality of architecture? They had a clean slate and they have filled it with the same dull boxes with no care for what they actually look like. Poor, poor, poor.

heres a few last day vids..

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xo7HiOe_Dv4[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pO-xVVo7b8s&feature=fvwrel[/youtube]

squirtyflower said:
Jesus............................ it's as if it wasn't even there to begin with.

8 years on and still hard to take I remember the last day vs Southampton lost 1-0 but everyone wasn't even arsed about the result or game so many tears and memories that day.

I remember when they did a special on ITV I was about 14/15 and remember just sat in my room in tears, I remember people saying I was a sad wet arse being reminded that it was only a football stadium......

it contained the memories, thoughts and emotions of so many people, some still here and some not

exactly mate, its not just about the stadium but about the history that was created within it, the good times and the bad.

I don't know if many people would agree with me here but I'd happily City gave up the FA Cup just for one more season at Maine Road.

My 1st visit to Main Road in 1960 with my Uncle who took me to my 1st City game and my last visit in 2003 against Southampton brought many different feelings form jubilation to dispair but memories which I and thousands off other City fans will never forget.

ardwickboy said:
My 1st visit to Main Road in 1960 with my Uncle who took me to my 1st City game and my last visit in 2003 against Southampton brought many different feelings form jubilation to dispair but memories which I and thousands off other City fans will never forget.

this song sums it all up..[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBNi2dxqKus[/youtube]

squirtyflower said:

exactly mate, its not just about the stadium but about the history that was created within it, the good times and the bad.

I don't know if many people would agree with me here but I'd happily City gave up the FA Cup just for one more season at Maine Road.

Ooh thats very sentimental.

I'm tempted to agree but there's no point hankering after the past.

I just hope there is a little memorial somewhere to a great stadium.

-- Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:27 pm --

ardwickboy said:

Indeed Sir - well said.<br /><br />-- Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:31 pm --<br /><br />
Mike N said:
Anyone else really dissapointed by the poor quality of architecture? They had a clean slate and they have filled it with the same dull boxes with no care for what they actually look like. Poor, poor, poor.

Nothing could ever replace that stadium.

Personally I'm glad if its filled with affordable housing and hopefully homes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.