Maine Road or Etihad

I first went in 1964 to Maine Road it was magic, running around the Kippax as a kid and sitting on the tunnel white walls then moving with the "old man" to sit in the North Stand but, it was spoiled by mishmash redevelopment and the swales years. Im probably in a minority when I choose The Etihad, a wonderful stadium with better facilities sat in the Campus with the CFA across the road, fantastic! All our recent good years have been in The Etihad with the greatest single moment in football happening there

I grew up opposite Maine Road, so it's also a big part of my childhood that I truly miss.

What I would say when comparing the two.

Maine Road was a total match-day experience as the majority converged on it and had their own personal rituals and hangouts.

The Etihad, however, while the scene of some incredible history, offers zero match-day experience, but the club contrives to create one with a total emphasis on monetizing each supporter who attends.

This ensures thousands stay away until they actually 'have to' make their way towards the stadium.

The Etihad is only a magnet for the actual football, which makes Maine Road a superior all-round experience for me.

It was the beating heart of a community that was happy to have City there to represent it.

The immediate surrounding area of the Etihad couldn't give a shit.

My man.

My first game at main road was late 70's so ive had many years at both grounds.
Main road was fantastic in its day but the last few years it was run down and all over the place. As wonderful as it was, we had to move or it would be a bit embarrassing even if we modified.

Would we have had the take overs had we been at main road ? Its not just the stadium that was good when we had the take over but the potential of growth & expansion for our first class training facilities and the mini-had. What we have now is the best in Europe all round.

so I am defo going to say Etihad, it is up there with best in the country, the atmosphere can be great one day.

Just imagine if we had to play at a stadium in Salford like those scruffs do at the swamp !!!! nahhhhhhhhh

Spent years at both.

Best memories tend to be in your childhood years and in your 20s which just happened to be MR for me...but let’s not get all misty eyed.

Many matches at MR were gloomy and the stadium was sometimes only 2 thirds full. The facilities were awful and the roof leaked and if you were in the Gene Kelly stand there was no roof at all. The standard of play was usually awful.

The atmosphere came from standing up nothing more.

Etihad by a mile.

Maine Road. Not even a discussion for me. So many memories as a kid, teen and adult. Etihad nice place, but no place like home. It can be like watching the game on telly sat in your arm chair.

I grew up opposite Maine Road, so it's also a big part of my childhood that I truly miss.

Maine Road was a total match-day experience as the majority converged on it and had their own personal rituals and hangouts.

The Etihad, however, while the scene of some incredible history, offers zero match-day experience, but the club contrives to create one with a total emphasis on monetizing each supporter who attends.

This ensures thousands stay away until they actually 'have to' make their way towards the stadium.

The Etihad is only a magnet for the actual football, which makes Maine Road a superior all-round experience for me.

It was the beating heart of a community that was happy to have City there to represent it.

Such a shame really. The Etihad suround is a blank canvas which we could create the most special experience pre and post match. The modern world is awash with pop up bars and restaurants that very much lend themselves to match day usage and soon music venue too.

if the emphasis was just a little bit less monetary and more special we could whip up the atmosphere whilst still making money and easing congestion. I hope they get this right in the years to come.

My first game at main road was late 70's so ive had many years at both grounds.
Main road was fantastic in its day but the last few years it was run down and all over the place. As wonderful as it was, we had to move or it would be a bit embarrassing even if we modified.

Would we have had the take overs had we been at main road ? Its not just the stadium that was good when we had the take over but the potential of growth & expansion for our first class training facilities and the mini-had. What we have now is the best in Europe all round.

so I am defo going to say Etihad, it is up there with best in the country, the atmosphere can be great one day.

Just imagine if we had to play at a stadium in Salford like those scruffs do at the swamp !!!! nahhhhhhhhh

Ffs !....the twats are NOT in Salford

Perfectly summed mate @

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.