Mainly for bobmc & everyone who is fed up of negativity!!

Marvin said:
XxRachXx said:
Here here !!!! Let's just enjoy the season
Sadly some can't unless we are Champions every season, because anything else is seen as a step backwards. Actually I'm half in that camp, but my view is that you can't control what other clubs do, and it's only natural to have some variation from one season to the next as there are so many variables in football.

And don't forget the ball's round and the ref has the whistle!!

BlueGMD said:
Eccles Blue said:
Oops, forgot to say, I loved the trams as well, even though I got on possibly the only one that didn't have the announcements by our players & Manager!! :-)

I don't think any of them did, we only heard the Mancini one as we were pulling into the Etihad Campus and nothing on the way back.

They would have been too busy with it being match day.

Eccles Blue said:
May I just say that I LOVE our club. I enjoy the banter at the matches, I am very happy with the ticket office and supporter services, reasonably happy with the atmosphere, the announcer sometimes irritates me but he is only doing his job, the serving staff have always been polite, friendly and welcoming. I love the manager, think we should keep him for the next 25 years and as for the team, well who is there to dislike? They have an off day now and again but come on we all go into work on certain days and have an off day.

I think the net was there because the Leeds fans might have thrown something at our players, as one did apparently. But it didn't impede on any of our fans did it? You could all see presumably?

So for Bobmcfc in the thread about the net,and anyone else who, like me and Bob is fed up of everyone being fed up, I'm trying to make a happy thread. OK? :-)

Mods, I apologise if you are only allowed negative, moaning threads but I am happy. Is that alright or will this thread get binned? ;-)

Oops, forgot to say, I loved the trams as well, even though I got on possibly the only one that didn't have the announcements by our players & Manager!! :-)
Nice one Eccles. Sheikh Mansour didn't give us this present for us all to moan like fuck about it. Leeds fans have something to really moan about and I doubt they moan as much as our fans. A decade ago they were where we are now and they've gone through worse times than we ever did at our worst, yet the level of moaning about all and sundry on this forum (and others) is about the level I'd expect if we were in Leeds' position.

We're no where near reaching the goal of being a leading club of this world, and it will take a good while to reach it. Along the way we will not perfectly improve in a straight, unfaltering, upwards trajectory. We will have dips and plateaus along the rise to the top (this season's not winning the league will not be the only one!); and people are living in cloud cookoo land if they think it will or should. But we will reach that target eventually.

We should be enjoying this; I am! It's great! If we finish in the top three this season it will be only the tenth time in our entire history that we will have achieved that. Many of us believe we've always been a big club and this season will be one of our top ten league seasons of all time - and one of our greatest ever if we win the FA Cup - and then next season we'll look to improve on areas of weakness which we are bound to have (and we do have, many; and we will have next year and the year after too!) when a number of our squad were bought when we wanted to rise up from being a bang average mid table club.

I don't agree about the atmosphere - I think it's dreadful in our own ground and it is high time the set-up of our stadium is changed to make it better. Yesterday and games like it with big noisy travelling supports, or when fans from the continent come here, make us look like our support is an absolute joke. But we're not as bad as that situation makes us look and we shouldn't be put in that situation.

Other than atmosphere at the Etihad, I'm happy! And I love the FA Cup, it's my favourite competition [I particularly love away FAC games with the huge numbers of Blues together but you can't grumble at decent home draws like we've had!] and I really want to go to Wembley on my birthday weekend again (like I did for the win over the Rags two years ago). So bring on Barnsley and let's have 'em! And after all that, we really could go and win it again and have another great day out at Wembley.

What's not to like? As I say sometimes we'll hit speed bumps, here-and-there, but we're going one way and one way only for the next decade and further...

I disagree caveman, whilst we were at our wordt our neighbours were at their best and won the treble that year. Sharing a city with that made it 10 times worse.

Plus leeds still dont get the crowds we did back then and theyre now a division above.

City fans are definitely more loyal.

Unfortunately, you have more chance in converting the forum into rags, than getting them to adopt lofty ideals.

Football is a working class sport, and the fans are from working class backgrounds. This is not always a pleasant existance, and many people use their football fandom as a vehicle in which to vent their spleen.

When I find myself in close proximity to a man hurling abuse at all and sundry, with the veins popping out of his neck, I can see the hard lifestyle behind that man, one which causes him to lose control in such an unflattering way. The stands, the forums, the pubs and work places are full of people like this. That's just the way it is. These are also the same people who generate a good atmosphere and sing songs.

ban-mcfc said:
I disagree caveman, whilst we were at our wordt our neighbours were at their best and won the treble that year. Sharing a city with that made it 10 times worse.

Plus leeds still dont get the crowds we did back then and theyre now a division above.

City fans are definitely more loyal.
I was thinking in terms of what they had and lost, plus three seasons in the third division. I do agree with you over the loyalty of going to watch the team though. The "Where were you when you were shit?!" chants from them were laughable as we averaged ten thousand more than they are now and we were in the third division with those stats whilst our neighbours were winning a treble.

But don't forget Leeds' neighbours Bradford are in the FL Cup final next week. Must be tough ;) !<br /><br />-- Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:56 pm --<br /><br />
blimp reeny said:
Unfortunately, you have more chance in converting the forum into rags, than getting them to adopt lofty ideals.

Football is a working class sport, and the fans are from working class backgrounds. This is not always a pleasant existance, and many people use their football fandom as a vehicle in which to vent their spleen.

When I find myself in close proximity to a man hurling abuse at all and sundry, with the veins popping out of his neck, I can see the hard lifestyle behind that man, one which causes him to lose control in such an unflattering way. The stands, the forums, the pubs and work places are full of people like this. That's just the way it is. These are also the same people who generate a good atmosphere and sing songs.
That's not particularly the case any longer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.