Malcolm Allison RIP - Confirmed

Didsbury Dave said:
All you young 'uns out there.

You know what this man did in the name of MCFC?

Came out to Old Traffored before a derby and walked around like he owned the place. Srolled over ot a jeering Stretford End with his chest puffed out. Stood defiantly in front of them holding out 3 fingers and laughing.

Then sent his team out to win 3-1.

That's what the man did. Balls, defiance, humour. MCFC personified.

Never forget.

I was there that day as well. It's my undying memory of Big Mal and you can't imagine what it meant to the thousands of blues who were in the North Stand (or was it still the crappy old open Scoreboard End?).

We used to go to the swamp year after year under Big Mal (not forgetting Genial Joe Mercer) and stuff them. Those were the days.

RIP Big Mal.

Sad Sad day ,he was a one off and a genuine City fan.
My favourite story.
Joe Mercer got stopped for speeding on Princess Parkway ,before the Cop could say anything Joe said "Whats Malcolm done now". Best double act ever.

Flawed, but a genius (really), legend and amazing character. One of the most important figures in the history of our club.

RIP.

Even though he was well before my time, with the stories I've heard about him and the obvious impact that he had on the club, I still feel like someone I knew has died, like a not too distant relative.

RIP Malc :(

Didsbury Dave said:
All you young 'uns out there.

You know what this man did in the name of MCFC?

Came out to Old Traffored before a derby and walked around like he owned the place. Srolled over ot a jeering Stretford End with his chest puffed out. Stood defiantly in front of them holding out 3 fingers and laughing.

Then sent his team out to win 3-1.

That's what the man did. Balls, defiance, humour. MCFC personified.

Never forget.
It is impossible even for the youngest of Blues not to know about the legend that is Malcolm Allison.

I'm on of em!

He's as recognisable to Manchester City as 'the Trinity', Maine Road, Bert Trautmann's Heroics and Smiling Joe Mercer.

How i wish i could have been able to see it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.