Malcolm Allison RIP - Confirmed

I know I never witnessed Malcolm Allison as a player, coach or manager, but you only need to see the statue of David to know that Michaelangelo was a great artist the same goes for Big Mal.

R.I.P 1927-2010

Having a cigar right now (no champoo...may do later in his memory) The life he had was made for the saying 'long time asleep when youre not with us any more' Sleep well Big Mal...City Legend while alive...not many can say that.....take your rightful place in the hall of fame.

Malcolm is part of our history and he'll never be forgotton. Bags of charisma, leader of men, inspirational, controversial City legend. I'm sad to say that I have seen Big Mal in recent times whilst visiting an elderly family friend (and a big City fan since 1950s) at the rest home in Flixton where Malcolm spent his last days.

Dementia is a cruel illness. The day of the world cup final I went to see my friend, he was sat next to Mal. He idolised City, but didn't know he was sat next to. Neither knew much to be honest and they certainly didn't know it was world cup final day. I remember Big Mal holding court on TV Mexico 1970, at the time City were great and my old friend idolised him and the team.

Big Mal has gone to sleep and he's free of this cruel illness. God forgive me but I hope my old friend joins him soon. RIP Big Mal.

I wasn't even born when Big Mal last left City but I like many other true blues know exactly what this man did for our club. Before Mourinho, before Clough you had Malcolm Allison and being mentioned in the same breath as them two tells you all you need to know about the man.

I know he hasn't been well for some time but this is still a shock.

Rest in Peace Mr Allison

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.