Malcolm Allison RIP - Confirmed

I remember Rotherham 1966, Wedensday night away fixture, me and my mate Pete Eglin (deceased) running on the pitch at the end of the game and mobbing "Big Mal" as we were on our way back to Division1.

At that time little did we know what success we had in front of us.

We had bought, or would buy, the most successful trio of Blues for about £135,000 ....!!!!!!

Oh what glorious days they were and were to become.

For a time (way back in the far when) Big Mal's local was a really nice pub in Marple where every Sunday there was an ice bucket with champagne sat on the end of the bar awaiting his entrance.

Thank You Malcolm for everything.

Cheers

I never knew him , I was too young. I stood on the kippak v Palace , he came on and waved to the ground, we shouted the new managers name, he expected nothing less.
Over time his legacy overshadowed everyone.
The exhausting training runs through the parks of the city became folklore.
He fathered a child aged 70, he applied for the city job every time Swales culled.
He has vison like a prothet and he will be remembered for his love of our club. We cried salt tears for him but he will never die as long as city exist
RIP Big Mal

Being born in the very late 80s I never really saw much of Malcolm Allison but through hearing and reading stories I came to realise what a great man he was and how inspirational he has been to various footballing greats and also the big part he played in football history but more importantly the big part he played in the history of our club. Despite never really seeing Malcolm Allison I still hold him in very high regard and am forever thankful to him for the big part of history he has provided our club with. I was very upset to hear of his passing today and it put a bit of a dampener on this weekend, which I was looking forward to for various reasons. I think it is actually very telling of how great Allison was when I am only 21, well technically 22 now I guess, and never really saw him when he was with us, yet I have been told so much and read so much about him and respect him and am so thankful to him for what he gave our club even though I wasn't around at the time. Thanks for everything Big Mal, Rest In Peace.

portisheadblue said:
I remember Rotherham 1966, Wedensday night away fixture, me and my mate Pete Eglin (deceased) running on the pitch at the end of the game and mobbing "Big Mal" as we were on our way back to Division1.

At that time little did we know what success we had in front of us.

We had bought, or would buy, the most successful trio of Blues for about £135,000 ....!!!!!!

Oh what glorious days they were and were to become.

For a time (way back in the far when) Big Mal's local was a really nice pub in Marple where every Sunday there was an ice bucket with champagne sat on the end of the bar awaiting his entrance.

Thank You Malcolm for everything.

Cheers

Great story mate.

Big Mal WAS Mr. Manchester City, a real legend who so adored by all City fans. It brings a lump to my throat to think how much he loved this club.
RIP Big Mal

Couldn't really take this in when I first heard it. Gutted, RIP Mal,
God bless and thanks for the greatest memories of my life.

Re: Malcolm Allison RIP

Didsbury Dave said:
Who remembers the ballsy fucker running onto Maine Road and over to the Kippax as though he owned the place, when he was manager of Palace?
I do... white suit and all. Can remember, to this day, how the lads in the kippax went wild with delight after he came out pre match & enthusiastically applauded them.... sends a shiver through my spine, even now, just thinking about it.

R.I.P. Mal - a true blue legend - thanks for the memories.... you'll never be forgotten.

The BIG MAN will be sorely missed.

Used to live near Maine Road as a kid and can remember when one day when I was getting a chippy dinner with me mam at the platt lane chippy and Big Mal and the first team walked in for fish and chips. They sat outside and had there lunch with the general public.

The Big Man had a BIG PERSONALTY but he knew the fans were his people and never forgot that.

He also taught acertain Jose Mourinho his ways when he was a manager in Portugal.

He was way ahead of the game and will be greatly missed.

BIG MAL R.I.P

RIP Big Mal. got home from work last night to hear the news just gutted. I'm old enough to have witnessed Big Mal's genius people are trying to compare Mal with other Managers, save your time Malcolm Allison was a one off his like will never be seen again a football genius with ideas way ahead of his time.

Legend and great are words thrown about far to easilly in this day and age but not in this case for we have lost a Great man and a Football Legend.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.