Malcolm Allison RIP - Confirmed

Re: Malcolm Allison RIP

May I add my own condolences..... a big man, with a big heart, a great manager and a larger than life character......

RIP....

Prestwich_Blue said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
The first Mourinho.
Mourinho learned about coaching at his knee and modelled himself on Big Mal so more correct to say Jose is the second Allison!

For people who say we have "no history"; well Big Mal was part of our history. I saw him at a Derby match a few seasons ago. He was walking towards the front entrance, supported by his son (I assume). Everyone started clapping and cheering and although he probably didn't know what day it was, that big smile lit up his face and he waved. A poignant moment.

RIP.

Classy stuff.

I'm only 21 so he was before my time but I've heard the stories, watched the videos the lot. Legend is often misused but it really is relevant with this man.

R.I.P Big Mal

The word Legend is flouted about too much a lot of the time, but big mal is a true city legend, my dad always told me about how good he was and how ahead of his time he was!

R.I.P. Mal - true Legend

MALCOLM ALLISON - LEGEND ENSHRINED IN MCFC HISTORY
RIP big fella
Can´t thank you enough for what you achieved for our club

oh ... and Mourinho´s mentor

I'am at work at the minute and i just heard this news,i cant stop thinking back to my boyhood and those great years with joe and mal,fuck it i feel that part of my childhood has just died along with big mal.Thanks for those great times malcolm and the way you use to wind up those rag bastards,rest in peace.

Just been confirmed.

RIP Big Mal, true City legend, for me you should get a similar recognition round the ground as Joe, maybe City Square can be renamed Malcolm Allison square(or Big Mal's Square ;), I'd also hope for black armbands v Blackpool and a minute's silence at the Arsenal home game, not the Lech one, as a lot of fans won't be at the Lech game.

I never got to watch a City team under Allison's leadership, before my time I'm afraid, but heard numerous stories about Allison (and Mercer of course) through my City supporting family. Used to see him coming out of games at Eastlands the last few years but hadn't seen him for a while... A sad loss, and like people have said an inspiration to many, including Mourinho, what a legacy. Rest In Peace.

I stil haven't heard anthing myself personally.

But Rest In Peace Big Mal.

Wasn't old enough to see your team in action but even so i know the magnitude you hold at Manchester City FC and how many will be deeply upset at your passing at every club where you graced them with your character.

My total and utter respect and admiration and thanks for the legacy that you and Joe Mercer built together, a legacy that inspired me to become a Blue and remain a Blue.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.