Malta v England | Fri 16th June, 19:45 | Euro 2024 Qualifier

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I couldn’t even be bothered watching England last night. Malta FFS. And I’m not a fan of Southgate either - even though he’s had decent results, thats because he’s had better players available than previous managers. The “golden generation” (Lampard, Gerrard, etc) were always massively overhyped imo and always disappointed, like many, I sort of fell out of love with England.
But I do try to see beyond team loyalties when watching England, it’s hard though when the media talk up their “favourites” (TAA, Rashford, Saka) for clicks. I remember Maguire stoutly defending Stones after he’d dropped a bollock which was impressive and he went up in my estimation (a bit) after that.
I will make the effort to watch Monday whether City players are picked or not.

i don't recall slagging any young english players off last night

Not you personally, but up and down the land especially on social media and forums all the young lads get pelters from bitter fans - Foden, Grealish, Trent, Saka all get undeserved criticism, heaven forbid when they do have the odd bad game.

So you are happy to win regardless fo how ?.

Guess it's an age thing I'm 62 and for decades have seen shit rags players ahead of better players.
I have had to listen to City players being told if you want to play for England you need to move.
England has always been an old school tie club made up of rags and dippers.
Honestly I'm told old to change my spots, personally I am happy they dont play and just come back uninjured.
Quite wrong. M.Duxbury was highly underrated for England. See also Cleverly,
P. Neville, and many more.

Not you personally, but up and down the land especially on social media and forums all the young lads get pelters from bitter fans - Foden, Grealish, Trent, Saka all get undeserved criticism, heaven forbid when they do have the odd bad game.
Seeing as your reply was to my post forgive me for thinking you meant me personally, I'm beginning to think you're just a wum

He can be a liability at right back I think at times to be a little harsh. Always thought of him as more of a winger than right back. But must admit the new central role is suiting him well.
How many decent teams has TAA played the false 10 role against?

Basically Spurs, if you want to call them a decent side, and they barely won that game, with TAA being played around in midfield pretty hilariously at times.

In fact, of the 9 games he has been in the role, Liverpool have won 7 and drawn 2, with all but two wins (against two relegated sides) being by just a one goal margin. For his attacking prowess, his lack of midfield/defending ability causes problems for Liverpool (and likely England).

Their last two matches of the season ended in draws. And if you watched them, it seemed both the powerhouses Aston Villa and Southampton (the other relegated team) looked to have figured out the best way to attack Liverpool was by playing around TAA. He got one assist and no goals in those two matches.

Let’s wait until he is in that position regularly against the top six in the PL (when they’ve picked up on the same weekends in midfield as Villa and Soton did) and national teams slightly better than [checks notes] Malta and North Macedonia.

Last edited:
Seeing as your reply was to my post forgive me for thinking you meant me personally, I'm beginning to think you're just a wum

I’m not , just give my honest views and support England, good to see young players do well whatever club shirt they wear- that’s the only difference it seems

How many decent teams has TAA played the false 10 role against?

Basically Spurs, if you want to call them a decent side, and they barely won that game, with TAA being played around in midfield pretty hilariously at times.

In fact, of the 9 games he has been in the role, Liverpool have won 7 and drawn 2, with all but two wins (against two relegated sides) being by just a one goal margin. For his attacking prowess, his lack of midfield/defending ability causes problems for Liverpool (and likely England).

Their last two matches of the season ended in draws. And if you watched them, it seemed both the powerhouses Aston Villa and Southampton (the other relegated team) looked to have figured out the best way to attack Liverpool was by playing around TAA. He got one assist and no goals in those two matches.

Let’s wait until he is in that position regularly against the top six in the PL (when they’ve picked up on the same weekends in midfield as Villa and Soton did) and national teams slightly better than [checks notes] Malta and North Macedonia.

Yep , I’ve already stated similar - it’s way too early for him to cement his place there, and he lacks certain attributes still but it’s a new position for him and will be interesting to see how he develops if he does remain there and indeed against stronger opposition. He’s taken the role very well at the moment.

Phil and Jack made to do running after the game. They should just tell Southgate to do one.
Southgate is being a absolute **** with his comments and punishments of the City players.

I think he is just executing orders from the FA (really from the PL via the many members of management working for both entities) to use the celebrations as an excuse to knock ours down a few pegs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.