'Man City can't buy history'

MickyBenno81 said:
No shit. Probably the most irritating, un-educated dig going against us.

I mean, it is impossible to buy history, we do not want to buy history, we are aware of other clubs histories, and respect that as much as our own so when over hyped show ponies such as David Beckham starts saying we cant buy history - WE KNOW YOU FUCKING THICK COCKNEY PLEB
Impossible to buy History,but not impossible to buy the future!

Nothing on this planet would give me greater pleasure than seeing NDJ put this sad cnut out of his misery. Carried from the pitch with a mask over his face weeping like a little girl with his tib and fib sticking through his sock.

I would say to any player worth his salt "Historical success is a trophy winning team poster WITHOUT you in it. Future success is a trophy winning team poster WITH you in it. You decide"

History is whatever you wanna make of it...let's face it, in the modern era Utd have been succsessful and the media darlings...nothing can change that now...the team that was built from the remnants of Munich were the first english side to lift the European Cup..it was always going to be treated like a fairytale and so since then, even when they hit the skids, the media always harked back to that 'transformation' as evidence that Utd were the greatest...coming back and dominating modern football has only added to that...fair play I say...you don't win 20 titles by being shit...if it was us we'd lap it up...we are on the cusp of upsetting that position now so all the media attention is bound to be negative...how dare we challenge the darlings....we might need to win 5 or 6 titles before that perception begins to shift and that won't be straightforward...lets just enjoy the fact that we are competing and that there might be more silverware ahead...i don't need the newspapers to tell me how happy i am right now or how good my team is.
I know what my clubs history is and I am proud to have been a part of it.

Can't buy history must be 1 of the most stupidiest comments ever. I didn't realise that there is a shop that sells the stuff. It just goses to show how thick David Beckham really is, because every sports club no matter how big or small it maybe has a history. Time David Beckham went back to school and caught up on is history lesson of Manchester City Football Club.

Can anyone recall any rag mentioning the word 'history' before Fergie arrived ?

Or is it one of those new words ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.