Man City Car Parking

Blue car park is my choice of car park. It's very convenient, decent value if you get the games we got last season, and it's available for all the stuff over at The Academy. I think it's about £180 this coming season - tenner a game for just the home first team games but down to a fiver with all the others thrown in! Getting in is simplicity, getting out is the stuff of automotive nightmares. I usually watch the highlights inside the stadium, watch 'em again on the big screen in City Square, and then go for a look in the shop - see if there's anything I haven't got. And by that time, most of the fuckers who clog it all up have gone!!
"Look in the shop to see if there's anything I haven't got".
YOU ARE TONY PULIS AND I CLAIM MY £10!!!

"Look in the shop to see if there's anything I haven't got".
YOU ARE TONY PULIS AND I CLAIM MY £10!!!

It's my standard line whenever I go into the City Shop or a bike shop, and some fucker comes up and sez "Can I help?" and I say, "I'm just seeing if there's anything I've not got!"

Just saw Tony on the Reunion video on the OS. He hasn't looked after himself since '99 - not like Andy Morrison has!

I use it all the time, as I travel up from Cornwall. Agreed, it’s a proper nightmare getting out at the end, but I’m happy to sit around with a flask of tea and some biscuits listening to the radio/ Talkshite.
It’s convenient for me, maybe not for everyone.

just.bought a car park season ticket £190 so cup games are free.
what i like about it is i know ive got a space even if i get there 2mins before kick off instead of panicing trying to find a space

We bought seasonal car parking last year and were very pleased with it - Car Park G. It was great - quicker to get into & always a space, and it was always easier to get out than if you were in the main (H) car park. (Especially if you hang around for a pint & a natter before leaving, which we always do.)

Just been on to Supporter Services to ask why our renewal showed Car Park H and was told that G would not be available to supporters this year but would be used by media etc. I don't know whether this is anything to do with any other changes/building works going on around the site, but I'm well grumpy!

Yes, it still works out cheaper than paying match by match if you go to Cup & CL games but H is a blooming nightmare. I hope they're going to have a specific area put aside for those who've paid for seasonal parking. Anybody know if this is the case?

I am considering upgrading to Joes Bar this year and you get a car parking space. Actually don't care about the car park and usually don't drive. But if I do it is a 30 min walk to the car anyway - so... does it seem quicker to park 30 mins away and walk to car (and shut my wife up when I get home by getting the '10000 steps in for once), or park in car park and spend ages leaving? No idea which car park I am going to get and I don't like to leave early.

Yes... but don’t. Honestly don’t. The parking is fine but you will wait anything up to an hour to get out after a game. If you are happy to have a drink after the game and let the rush go it’s not too bad but that’s not really an option for night games. If you are one of the leave on 70 mins brigade you might be okay but might be best to leave at half time to be sure.
If I bring my driver with me I could have a couple of drinks after the game talking about how well we played then just walk to my limo and hey presto we are on Alan Turing Way in seconds.

If I bring my driver with me I could have a couple of drinks after the game talking about how well we played then just walk to my limo and hey presto we are on Alan Turing Way in seconds.

On cold afternoon’s he can have the car all warm and snug for you.... good call.

We bought seasonal car parking last year and were very pleased with it - Car Park G. It was great - quicker to get into & always a space, and it was always easier to get out than if you were in the main (H) car park. (Especially if you hang around for a pint & a natter before leaving, which we always do.)

Just been on to Supporter Services to ask why our renewal showed Car Park H and was told that G would not be available to supporters this year but would be used by media etc. I don't know whether this is anything to do with any other changes/building works going on around the site, but I'm well grumpy!

Yes, it still works out cheaper than paying match by match if you go to Cup & CL games but H is a blooming nightmare. I hope they're going to have a specific area put aside for those who've paid for seasonal parking. Anybody know if this is the case?
My car park renewal says G as per last year.

I parked in blue for years up until the last couple of seasons. We are in the family stand so me and my son used to leave bang on the whistle or 30 seconds before if game was in the bag and jog all the way down Mercer Way to the car and we’d then just make it out before the chaos. However it used to irritate the fuck out of me so we ditched it and park for free and have a 10 min walk to stadium. Best thing we ever did. I then use the tenner saved for an extra round, happy days.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.