Man City CEO - Will we get one?

It wouldn't surprise me if the Guy has been offered the job already yet is waiting to be announced because he's serving notice elsewhere. At the end of the day, the Nike kit deal has been sorted and we've won the League without Garry Cook in charge.

Get the feeling it must be Potts taking over as CEO, it just all seems to fit with it being so quiet whilst he's working his notice.

Falastur said:
pominoz said:
Falastur said:
No it's not. Well done for believing the nonsense that the Daily Fail fed you. It's a commercial role.

What's your fucking problem? I wasn't sure, so i asked a question.

I thought he was the new CEO and googled "manchester city ceo", and that was the first headline.

Sorry, I find it very hard to decipher peoples' implications when I can't hear their voice. You thought (correctly, obviously) you were asking a serious question, I thought (stupidly) you were being rhetorical and implying that you knew the difference and so should we have. Honestly, with a night's sleep even I'm not reading it the same way now as I did then :/ I'm sorry about that :(

That said, I was only being a little sardonic with my Daily Fail comment, not actively aggressive, so I apologise about my own inability to communicate my intentions :(

No problems, i flew off the handle a bit as i was having a bad morning.

I have no idea about corporate structures and who does what. The closest i get to these guys is doing plaster repairs in their penthouses.

Sorry for going off on one.

pominoz said:
Falastur said:
pominoz said:

I thought he was the new CEO and googled "manchester city ceo", and that was the first headline.

Sorry, I find it very hard to decipher peoples' implications when I can't hear their voice. You thought (correctly, obviously) you were asking a serious question, I thought (stupidly) you were being rhetorical and implying that you knew the difference and so should we have. Honestly, with a night's sleep even I'm not reading it the same way now as I did then :/ I'm sorry about that :(

That said, I was only being a little sardonic with my Daily Fail comment, not actively aggressive, so I apologise about my own inability to communicate my intentions :(

I have no idea about corporate structures and who does what. The closest i get to these guys is doing plaster repairs in their penthouses.

Fair play to you two. Gives me hope for the forum when I see adults like this on here.

Rammy Blue said:
Get the feeling it must be Potts taking over as CEO, it just all seems to fit with it being so quiet whilst he's working his notice.
Yeah, he is a City fan and his last day at Tesco is on 30 June where he will leave to 'fulfil lifelong ambitions'. Either travelling the world or taking charge of City - take your pick. I imagine we should hear sometime in July before the new season starts.

ste.sully said:
Rammy Blue said:
Yeah, he is a City fan and his last day at Tesco is on 30 June where he will leave to 'fulfil lifelong ambitions'. Either travelling the world or taking charge of City - take your pick. I imagine we should hear sometime in July before the new season starts.

Would be very surprised if it was David Potts taking over. Retail and football/sports are very different industries and he's little background in what we need. Also his leaving tesco is sinular to many other execs jumping ship as their new CEO makes the 'cull' he wants to get his own men (or women) in. 2 plus 2 making 5.

pominoz said:
Falastur said:
pominoz said:

get a room

Forgive my corporate ignorance, but would this be a job for Niall Quinn? Rumours when he left Sunderland said that he was head-hunted by City.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.