Man city go green: new deals in pipeline

cant understand why they dont want solar PV panels, the pay back is six/seven years with potential to be less depending upon inflation and that equation works domestically and commercially, ive just quoted a school for a 73kw system (approx 300 panels) and they are looking at £12,000 a year from the feed in tariff and bill reduction, if they have the money(ha!) it seems like a waste of a roof!

cjhaz1969 said:
cant understand why they dont want solar PV panels, the pay back is six/seven years with potential to be less depending upon inflation and that equation works domestically and commercially, ive just quoted a school for a 73kw system (approx 300 panels) and they are looking at £12,000 a year from the feed in tariff and bill reduction, if they have the money(ha!) it seems like a waste of a roof!

Compared to other technologies that payback period is poor.

GXCity said:
cjhaz1969 said:

it still leaves around 14 years of profit and endless free electricity and theres not much about that will give you 12-14% ROI , certainly not the bank!!

cjhaz1969 said:
GXCity said:
cjhaz1969 said:

it still leaves around 14 years of profit and endless free electricity and theres not much about that will give you 12-14% ROI , certainly not the bank!!
Your quoting £100k to install the system?

Marvin said:
cjhaz1969 said:
GXCity said:

not at work so i haven't got the quote to hand but i think about 82k , the schools finance director cant understand why all schools and public buildings haven't got it!

cjhaz1969 said:
Marvin said:
cjhaz1969 said:

not at work so i haven't got the quote to hand but i think about 82k , the schools finance director cant understand why all schools and public buildings haven't got it!

Probably because other technologies have lower capital costs and quicker payback!

It was considered for the academy and campus but when you consider a potential electrical baseload of 10MW, solar PV is a drop in the ocean. CHP also has the by product of heat and wind turbines have far higher electrical output.

What you need to remember is that the campus would never export electricity so the feed in tariff is irrelevant. It could also dramatically reduce depending on the government in power. Has your School finance director taken that into account?

Anyway solar PV has been shelved and will not form part of the energy scheme.

GXCity said:
cjhaz1969 said:
Marvin said:

Probably because other technologies have lower capital costs and quicker payback!

It was considered for the academy and campus but when you consider a potential electrical baseload of 10MW, solar PV is a drop in the ocean. CHP also has the by product of heat and wind turbines have far higher electrical output.

What you need to remember is that the campus would never export electricity so the feed in tariff is irrelevant. It could also dramatically reduce depending on the government in power. Has your School finance director taken that into account?

totally understand your stand point but 1. how much you export is largely irrelevant, ive argued for a long time it should be called a generation payment, in the last 12 months my roof has paid me £1250 approx (for kwh generated) and my feed in tarriff payment was £80 my bill saving was approx £250 so my total benefit was £1580 (£6000 installed), so as the campus would use almost all the energy generated they would actually do better than i do!
point 2. the tariff is not set by the government in power but an all party body linked with the decc and is on a pre set decreasing scale dependent upon uptake, the last quarter it was left the same at 15.4p per kwh and is available for 20 years in a binding legal contract, so with all that cleared up they are going ahead , 82k spend, approx 6k generation tariff approx 6k bill reduction per year for 20 years, total payback £240,000 profit of £158,000 and its index linked to inflation, whats not to like?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.