Man City TV Launched

It's the scale of the issues, every app will have errors but huge ones are generally seen in testing phases. I don't know what this one is, it could be infrastructure and may only be seen when the user base was scaled up, or it might be something they saw in testing and it was signed off for rollout. BUT along with the issues there has been little to no comms issued and there is no method of providing feedback to the devs other than sending emails or tweeting them (which they don't reply to). It's a really bad launch, hopefully they get an experienced digital channels manager in and it gets sorted soon.
I don't disagree, I was trying to add a little perspective for those getting overly worked up about it when: a) Very few of us knew this was coming until a few weeks ago( b) They haven't yet paid for it(again why I suggested City extend the trial period if they can).

Personally, when I think of those two points, it makes waiting a little while longer to get stuck in properly a little easier to swallow. It feels like the added frustration is coming from the fact that there's very little football on and it would have been nice to go over last season in preparation for the new season, which I understand too. There are also the less tech savvy, who may have gone out and bought a firestick/smart tv just for this and have found the way it works now utterly confusing and frustrating. Which is more understandable and as you said better communication is the answer to this. Let them know with a message on the appstore and official website they are aware people are having issues and they are working on it, then people will stop trying to work out if the problem is at their end or not.

I think whoever is in charge overestimated how simple the launch would be personally. Having said the above, if it comes to the end of the trial with the same technical issues and they haven't extended the trial and provided a clear status update via official channels about a fix, that would be less forgivable.

Last edited:
Had the arranged telephone chat with the City Marketing manager the other night. He asked me to pass on his sincere thanks for the feedback via this thread. They have found it very helpful and are working their way through it and also taking on our concerns/issues about the OS re video playback etc.

Had the arranged telephone chat with the City Marketing manager the other night. He asked me to pass on his sincere thanks for the feedback via this thread. They have found it very helpful and are working their way through it and also taking on our concerns/issues about the OS re video playback etc.

Thanks for your efforts George, I hope they roll it out on other formats soon.

Did you forget the part where you paid and subscribed to the premium content? Because if you didn't....

Hi There .... yes I did forget that bit and so I’ve remedied that and all should be okay for when I get home .... the Roku box the next day worked perfectly so I watched all the stuff I wanted to ... this was a surprise as Canada was not on the list of countries it was supposed to work in

Thanks again Cheers

Annoying this. I'd happily pay the monthly subscription but my (brand new, 'smart') TV is Toshiba and my Apple TV is too old to support the app.

I don't want to have to fork out more money and buy a Fire stick just to watch City TV. I've got Amazon Prime and it works fine on my telly and 'old' Apple TV.

Am guessing it's part of their sponsorship with LG. I think all the tellys in the ground are LG aren't they.

Annoying this. I'd happily pay the monthly subscription but my (brand new, 'smart') TV is Toshiba and my Apple TV is too old to support the app.

I don't want to have to fork out more money and buy a Fire stick just to watch City TV. I've got Amazon Prime and it works fine on my telly and 'old' Apple TV.

Am guessing it's part of their sponsorship with LG. I think all the tellys in the ground are LG aren't they.
Wouldn't be a very good advert for LG if that's the case judging by the number in the stadium (I am EL3) that do not work!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.