Man City V Barcelona Pre Match thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
aguero93:20 said:
B-h7O51IIAAcq4d.jpg

Spot the good news.

That looks like Jo in the middle with his back to the camera, is he cup tied?

In all seriousness, Jimmy is back.

My team, and who I think MP will play in brackets.

Hart

Zabba (Sagna)
Kompany
Mangala
Clichy

Fernandinho
Milner (Fernando)

Navas (Milner)
Silva
Nasri

Aguero

4-5-1 Without the ball, 4-2-3-1 with it.

As long as they don't draw us out when they have the ball. Let them play it about for as long as they want in midfield. Unfortunately opposing teams/players get drawn out eventually, and that's when Messi & Co go into the spaces and cause havoc. The players need to be patient, hold firm, and let Barcelona come to us. If they want to play a game of Cat and Mouse, let them. We've got the players to break up their play and then break on them.

Manchester_lalala said:
aguero93:20 said:
B-h7O51IIAAcq4d.jpg

Spot the good news.

That looks like Jo in the middle with his back to the camera, is he cup tied?

In all seriousness, Jimmy is back.

yes I see Milner is training which is good news. Is the guy in the woollen hat and scarf - Dzeko??.

Also maybe Jovetic will play at Anfield.

The referees can influence how the game goes and the result. I see we will have a German called Felix Brych. Anyone know him? Apparently he gave a "ghost" goal in one game, and is known as a "disciplinarian".
I just hope he's better than the one MP raged against last time we played Barca. A sending-off, a dodgy penalty, a failure to stop cheating (Suarez anyone?), all these can make our best plans irrelevant. We mustn't lunge in to give soft free-kicks away near goal - we know what our defending is like at set pieces.
So we must stifle their creative men without giving the ref a chance to flash yellow and red cards willy-nilly. Not easy!

Hart
zabs, kompany, Demichelles, Clichy
Milner fernandinho
navas Silva Nasri
Aguero

I reckon start with Aguero up front with Silva behind pack midfield and then later in game bring on Edin for navas and go for it!!

Regardless of what MP is saying for the record (to be politically correct) - if the game is tied in the 2nd I expect him to get more aggressive (even play 2 strikers for a spell).

We HAVE TO win the first game. Because what history has thought us is that beating Barca at their house, in a tie like this, is mission impossible.

So Pellers can be "tie is ok" all he wants - I am sure he knows he has to win at home to have a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.