Man City V Barcelona Pre Match thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think 4-4-2 without Toure would be a massive mistake. Even with Toure it would of been a gamble, but one that could of maybe worked.

Without Yaya, I'd take a 0-0 right now!! He's the only player in the centre that would stay calm when faced with Barca's insane pressing. Fernando is going to shit himself.

I'd go;
Hart
Zab
Clichy
Komp
Mangala
Milner
Fernandinho
Fernando
Silva
Nasri
Aguero

EaglesFan said:
Regardless of what MP is saying for the record (to be politically correct) - if the game is tied in the 2nd I expect him to get more aggressive (even play 2 strikers for a spell).

We HAVE TO win the first game. Because what history has thought us is that beating Barca at their house, in a tie like this, is mission impossible.

So Pellers can be "tie is ok" all he wants - I am sure he knows he has to win at home to have a chance.

Barca have been beaten generally because of tight results in the first leg and failure to break teams down in the second. If we draw 0-0 or win 1-0 then Barca will either look to score or have to. Their fans will want them to score and they'll likely over commit people and we can pick them off then on the break. It's how Chelsea and Inter have dealt with them. They're not as good now either and we will be able to get a foot on the ball and exert our own pressure.

Keeping a clean sheet tomorrow is top priority for us, we will score at their place and that will make life very difficult for them. I think this is our year in the CL so I am tipping City to go through to the QF..!
We need to play our own game and not show them too much respect like we did last time.

some of you guys amaze me. What difference will it make, we are going to lose this game one way or the other. Beating Newcastle 5-0 should not be a yard stick in measuring how well we will do against Barca. I believe Barca will win by two or more goals. Lastly, MDM will play ahead of Mangala hence anyone thinking Mangala will get the nod should forgat about it.

magiccue01 said:
some of you guys amaze me. What difference will it make, we are going to lose this game one way or the other. Beating Newcastle 5-0 should not be a yard stick in measuring how well we will do against Barca. I believe Barca will win by two or more goals. Lastly, MDM will play ahead of Mangala hence anyone thinking Mangala will get the nod should forgat about it.
That's the spirit. When you think about it, why should we even turn up?

Messi arrested after landing in Manchester?
25FEFA5C00000578-2965188-image-a-47_1424696712457.jpg

;)

magiccue01 said:

I'm impressed you know there is a game going on, considering you likely switched off your TV when we were 2-1 down to Bayern. Or didnt bother to watch at all since it was obvious we would lose.

[color=#40FFFF:23gg997r]EaglesFan[/color] said:
Regardless of what MP is saying for the record (to be politically correct) - if the game is tied in the 2nd I expect him to get more aggressive (even play 2 strikers for a spell).

We HAVE TO win the first game. Because what history has thought us is that beating Barca at their house, in a tie like this, is mission impossible.

So Pellers can be "tie is ok" all he wants - I am sure he knows he has to win at home to have a chance.

maybe you are thinking about crystal palace and not MANCHESTER CITY??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.