Man City V Barcelona Pre Match thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
GaudinoMotors said:
If he plays both ferns we're in for a long night - If he's brave and plays Milner for Yaya Very Lite Fern we could get something.
I agree Milner needs to start instead of Fernando .

baildon blue said:
I have been to all the home matches in the champions league our record is
5) wins
5) draws
3) loses
5 out of 13 is not even average .
So it doesn't bode well for tonight .

Good job Barca are below average.

baildon blue said:
GaudinoMotors said:
If he plays both ferns we're in for a long night - If he's brave and plays Milner for Yaya Very Lite Fern we could get something.
I agree Milner needs to start instead of Fernando .

The only thing we will get from Milner playing instead of Fernando is an arse kicking.

Fernandinho has to be allowed to do what he is good at and that is look to intercept and buzz around the midfield. To do that effectively Fernando has to sit and cover. It's worked for us before, both domestically and in Europe. Milner is NOT a central midfielder. When played there he under performs, maybe given ten games in that position he'd show his worth but you don't play Milner in the middle of the park for this one. Personally I'd have him wide left with Nasri wide right and Silva in the hole. I think Pellegrini will look to bring Navas on later for an outlet of pace and the ball over the top as Barca's full backs play very advanced.

Got a good feeling about tonight, but don't want to get my hopes up.

I'd like to see us go for it a bit more than we did last year and the type of form Kun and Silva are in we will create a few chances!

citytill1die84 said:
GaudinoMotors said:

Didn't do 2 bad in Rome to get us here did they?

Or at home to Bayern, who are probably a good bit ahead of Barca these days.

citytill1die84 said:
GaudinoMotors said:

Didn't do 2 bad in Rome to get us here did they?

No - you're right, they didn't and I fully expect he'll pair them together tonight. Unfortunately good performances from both together are too few and far between.
It's also what Barca will be expecting too. Would be good to add a bit of dynamism, grit and spirit in the form of Milner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.