Man City V Barcelona Pre Match thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damien10 said:
Badensbluemoon said:
Damien10 said:
Without your strongest team?

You mean having Fernando in midfield, (when you choose a 4 man midfield and you don't have Yaya) is a bad idea?
I'm talking about both Fernando and James.
Well, that if you want 5 in midfield and maybe according to you thats our strongest line-up. To me I want 2 up front. and for 4 in midfield I prefer Fernando Milner if I can not play with Yaya. I know Dinho is great when playing beside Yaya, but otherwise not so confident. Fernando was brought for this kind of games

Can only assume Dinho is carrying a knock of some sort as he was outstanding on Saturday and as the key to getting a good result against Barca is ball retention then the selection of Fernando and Milner in central midfield is somewhat baffling given neither player would count passing ability as a strength. Pellegrini must surely have seen the folly of 2 strikers in big European games but yet he blindly persists with we attack you, you attack us oh well let's see what happens

nobody can eat fifty eggs said:
We need to be able to hold on to the ball once we get it up front so why go with Dzeko when we have Bony who holds off defenders brilliantly and has a great first touch and finds his team mates regularly?

Probably because Bony has only played 20 minutes for us and he looked quite ineffective?

Hoping our fitness can make a difference today. The likes of Nasri, Fernando and Clichy were not involved at the world cup last summer. For varying reasons all the rest of our squad have had breaks this season. Without Capital One and FA Cup distractions recently we are looking fresh.

The Barcelona Spanish contingent have been playing tournament football every summer (if you count Confederations Cup) for a number of years. Xavi and Ineasta are in the twilight of their careers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.