Man City V Barcelona Pre Match thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
whp.blue said:
aguero93:20 said:
whp.blue said:
I really want to be positive but I just can't see us keeping a clean sheet which I think is worrying for the second leg.

Any of our players need to take any half chances we get tonight and that is why with a heavy heart I think there is no place for Dzeko tonight (and I class myself as a big fan of Dzeko) on a plus side I think it has done us a favour having Milner out as his ball retention and passing isn't good enough for this sort of game.

I also hope Nasri backs up his trash talking in the press with a 100% performance if he does he is perhaps our best chance to surprise Barca as they will be concentrating on Sergio and Merlin

Milner's fit, plus we missed him badly in the first leg last year.

Not had chance to look today is that 100%

I hope he is on the bench then as you can gather our views on Milner are very different

Pellegrini's words in the press conference yesterday, Milner is 100% fit. I don't see how differing views on Milner would prevent you accepting that we missed him in the first leg last year, given that we played Kolarov on the left wing. In any case I think we'll need him Fernandinho and Nasri on the pitch to effectively pressurise Barca when they're in possession, they're the only players with the engine to do it for 90 mins.

Any sort of victory, or a 0-0, I'll be very happy. The big question for me is who would partner Kompany. I love Demi, and his big match experience is such a valuable asset but his lack of pace was exposed against Messi last season. Mangala is quick, and really came of age in Rome, but lacks experience, and is still raw, I'd be concerned with him against Barca's front 3.

I'm expecting something like this:

-------------------Hart---------------------
-Zabaleta---Kompany--Demichelis/Mangala---Clichy
------------Fernando--Fernandinho----------
--Navas-----------------------------Nasri-----
------------------Silva---------------------
-----------------Aguero---------------------

I'll be surprised if Pellegrini goes with 2 upfront in the first leg.

bigbluekev said:
I feeling really confident -unusually against Barcelona -Is this Bad?

Weirdly, me too. It's mad what a couple of good results can do to you.

I think both teams will score tonight, I'd prefer it if we got a clean sheet, but I don't think it'll happen. However, I think both teams will score in the 2nd leg as well. The only question is how many can we each get? Both sides will have chances and both can be prone to some sloppy defending now and then, especially from set pieces. That brings me on to another point: I think we can finally score from a corner tonight. Don't want to jinx it (I know I already have) but I've watched Barca a little recently and they don't look fantastic defending set-plays. I'm not a huge Dzeko fan but I suppose he could take advantage of that.. but ideally Wilfried would be the man to get his head on the end of a few deliveries and it really could be a dream game for him tonight. Problem is, especially after Edin's display the other day (yes, he was good, but we were only talking about how good he was because he hadn't played like that in sodding months!), Pellers won't risk playing Bony and we'll find ourselves in the match thread after 70 minutes saying "Why didn't Wilfried start?"

I also think, as weird as it sounds when we're talking about Barca, that we could actually try and boss the ball a bit tonight. With the three amigos up top they're left a little light in the middle, and if Pellers does the smart thing and plays with five midfielders then we could definitely edge the possession. Need Nasri to keep doing what he's doing, Silva to give it his all, Vinnie to continue getting back to his best and perhaps most importantly of all we need an angry Joe Hard to be an absolute rock. It's such a shame that the AFCON happened really, I think if Bony had been playing with us for a month or so now he could possibly even be starting ahead of Sergio (not to knock Sergio, it's just that I think Bony's physicality and presence from set pieces would be more valuable tonight).

Good luck to the lads, I am weirdly optimistic, but I was last year as well... If we can get through the game without any extremely dodgy decisions I'll be happy enough frankly. These are two of the best teams in the world and I'm just excited to watch them play, let's hope no silliness ruins the spectacle.

Pell said:
Any sort of victory, or a 0-0, I'll be very happy. The big question for me is who would partner Kompany. I love Demi, and his big match experience is such a valuable asset but his lack of pace was exposed against Messi last season. Mangala is quick, and really came of age in Rome, but lacks experience, and is still raw, I'd be concerned with him against Barca's front 3.

I'm expecting something like this:

-------------------Hart---------------------
-Zabaleta---Kompany--Demichelis/Mangala---Clichy
------------Fernando--Fernandinho----------
--Navas-----------------------------Nasri-----
------------------Silva---------------------
-----------------Aguero---------------------

I'll be surprised if Pellegrini goes with 2 upfront in the first leg.

Milner is very important here, his pressing in the mid could be key

I see

............Milner........fernando..........
........................dinho.................
..........nasri.....................silva..........
........................kun.........................

Clichy has to start also, exposing alves, who has been a weak link for them this year, could be a likely source of opportunity throughout the game, clichy has the engine to get up and down for 90 mins!!!

i had a funny feeling in my loins that we would put on a good show v Newcastle on Saturday, and im pleased to announce that i once again today have that same very feeling in my loins about tonight's game.

We may well only end up with 40% of the possession but its whats you do with it that counts, and i feel we will produce the goods tonight and for the remainder of the season. I think the lads wont be over awed by barca tonight.

onwards and upwards.........!!

2-1 city with nasri and aguero with the goals.

Oh the same old pessimistic and nervous feeling is creeping in as we are nearing the kick off. Just hope Messi Suarez neymar will have off days today. Obviously Silva will be marked throught the game, so doubt whether he would be able to have his impact on the game. Samir, Aguero and our defense really has to step up and give them a proper game. Fingers crossed...Come on City.,.:)

I hope tonight the players have the right mentality that they belong in this competition as equals and are not afraid or overwhelmed like previous encounters.
Same mentality as we had when we beat Bayern then we should do well against them in both legs.

No more little kids with stars in their eyes anymore. Time to show up and be accounted for.

Arsenal fan here. New to the forum. I just wanted to wish you guys a really good game against Barcelona, hopefully Nasri plays as I'm a big fan of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.