Man City V Newcastle Pre Match Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously no-one knows Nasri is Injured !!!! hes got tendonitis .. Knee

we'll surely have AJ and Silva as starters

Wast of time NOT playing Silva and Aguero/Dzeko. I can understand playing them and then taking them off if we are winning but to not play them and maybe start bringing them on 2nd half becuase we are struggling is wrong, to play a weakened side against a team who is ridiculously high on confidence is stupidity.

Silva has only played half a game against England and nearly half a game against Costa Rica.
Aguero played only half a game.
Dzeko probably the only one who needs a true rest as he has played to full on must wing games.

Hart, Richards, Kompany, Lescott, Clichy, De Jong, Yaya, Johnson, Silva, Aguero, Balotelli.

Is Nasri still injured??

the conditions are perfect for newcastle. Some people can be so narcissistic. I think we'd do well to win this game. The majority of our players are susceptible to the international break 'flu' and we've got a game in napoli whereby a win is imperative.

The important points about the squad will probably be that aj and balo will be starting for width. any idiot knows yaya and silva are the most important players for the pl and will always start.

If aguero doesn't start, we're at our weakest. however, no one can deny we're the best team atm in the pl and i think we should be aiming for the win. don't be surprised if nufc draw though.

Game already played! 1:0 City. Silva to Dzeko. Quality! :-)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMh12qn6Eqg&feature=relmfu[/youtube]

hecandothatfromrange said:
the conditions are perfect for newcastle. Some people can be so narcissistic. I think we'd do well to win this game. The majority of our players are susceptible to the international break 'flu' and we've got a game in napoli whereby a win is imperative.

The important points about the squad will probably be that aj and balo will be starting for width. any idiot knows yaya and silva are the most important players for the pl and will always start.

If aguero doesn't start, we're at our weakest. however, no one can deny we're the best team atm in the pl and i think we should be aiming for the win. don't be surprised if nufc draw though.

You mean 'where' not 'whereby'. Whereby means 'by that means' and that wouldn't make sense would it?

Typical pessimism on my part, but we have to accept we will drop points this season, and if I had to pick a game out of the calendar where that might happen I'd probably pick this one. Newcastle in great form and confidence is the only thing that can lift a team above us at the moment.

I'm going to go for 1-1

Team, if we're full strength minus Nasri:

______________ Hart ____________
Richards_ Kompany _ Lescott _ Clichy
_______ Yaya ________ Barry _____
___ Johnson ___ Silva ____ Milner __
____________ Balotelli ___________

Might seem a bit odd putting Milner there but it's hard to display the gameplan in this 2D format. I reckon this'll be the team and Yaya and Milner will take it in turns to push forward with the other sitting back. I think Yaya has been covering for de Jong to a degree and will be expected to play a more advanced role now de Jong is back properly.

I think Silva doesn't need resting at all, he'll play both games this week. Aguero will problem come in the latter stages and if he performs we'll see him up front with Dzeko in midweek I reckon.

Tiote is not as big a loss to Newcastle as he normally would have been since I think he has been pretty poor this season especially away and Guthrie has been better since he went into the team, I would have preferred Best to miss the game as we often seem to struggle to handle big lump nuisance strikers like him (Doyle, Zamora, Davies). Think Johnson may get a game as he won it for us last season and he would be up against Taylor who has done well but is not really a left back.

comfortable 3.1 who ever mancini plays will be good enough they know comming here is by far their hardest game this season. We have had 2 games a every week against much better teams than Newcastle. the international brake has been just that for a lot of our squad, a brake & a rest, they will be quakin in their boots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.