Man City V Newcastle Pre Match Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got to be honest.... I'm pretty nervous about this game for some reason. I was more confident that we'd beat the Scum away than I am about Newcastle at home :-S

Cheesy said:
Got to be honest.... I'm pretty nervous about this game for some reason. I was more confident that we'd beat the Scum away than I am about Newcastle at home :-S

Every Newcastle fan I know, and living up here I know a few (perhaps too many) expects City to win and win well.

One of my neighbours, a ST holder at SJP, said just this morning that he knows the party is over but he is looking forwards to seeing a great performance from City.

So basically Newcastle fans are more confident of a City win than City fans.

;-)

Years and years of shooting ourselves in the foot when it comes to crunch matches like we have this week. I am never confident we will ever beat anyone but I have allowed myself to get a little giddy in the thought that maybe just maybe we can sneak this, sneak a win at Napoli and play ugly and be lucky to scrape a win at the dippers. :-)) Points are all that matter.

Rammyblues said:
Years and years of shooting ourselves in the foot when it comes to crunch matches like we have this week. I am never confident we will ever beat anyone but I have allowed myself to get a little giddy in the thought that maybe just maybe we can sneak this, sneak a win at Napoli and play ugly and be lucky to scrape a win at the dippers. :-)) Points are all that matter.

We can lose and we are still be 2 points clear at the top.

That's as positive as some Blues can get ;-)

You know I'm actually the exact opposite then most, I feel very confident about this game. I was far more worried about QPR away then this one. Newcastle do have are a goodside but they're overpreforming a bit at the moment. From what I've seen of them this year (which admittedly isnt much) they are well organized and difficult to break down. However we've played them very well the last few years and at home I'd expect us to take all 3 points

I'd rest Silva for this after his long-haul week so expect to see those who didn't feature much for their countries... Aguero too because of his injury, and the travelling. Although that was Tues so maybe they'll be ok. But we'll need to make some changes for next Tues so I'd keep Barry, Silva, Balo and Kun back for tomorrow.

----------------Hart--------------

Richards---Kompany--Lescott---Clichy

--------de Jong-------Milner---------

Johnson----------Yaya---------Nasri

---------------Dzeko--------------

Subs: Taylor, Zaba, Kolarov, Barry, Silva, Aguero, Balotelli

We should win this. But the international break and the game in Napoli are factors that might affect that. No complacency here but we have to keep an eye on Tuesday.

Possibly the hardest home game we have been put up against so far in the league. They are well drilled and a good defensive unit. I watched them at Stoke and they were impressive. But they haven't come up against a team like us yet, there is a big gap between us and stoke. I think Bobby will have Napoli in mind going into this game and we will see a mix , but in no way a weaker team:

--------------------Hart---------------------
Richards---Vinnie K-------Lescott------Kolarov
------------NDJ-----------Yaya-------------
AJ----------------Aguero---------------Nasri
------------------Balotelli---------------------

A lot of players have played 2 games recently, but not everyone can be dropped. I think Dzeko , Silva , Barry etc. will play in Naples in midweek. But that team is more than capable of going at Newcastle and putting them to the sword. We need to be disciplined at the back as well because they're no mugs going forward. What is key in these games is the width. Newcastles full backs are average , their wingers are good. But with 2 wide players running at them and the full backs pushing on we are holding back Newcastles width in the process. Take out the width and they will struggle to find Ba and whoever else is paired with him.

I think Newcastle have been lucky in games this year, but they will be up for this test but at home and in our form , I am always backing us for the win, but a very hard fought one at that

2-1 City , Aguero and Balotelli

Well if everyone is fit, and that seems to be the case from DH's report

Hart
Richards (had 2 weeks off)
Kompany
Lescott
Clichy (had 2 weeks off)

NDJ
Milner
Yaya

Silva (just can't drop him)
Balotelli (only played friendlies whereas Dzeko played qualifiers)
Nasri (had 2 weeks off)

Save Aguero for mid week especially seeing as coming back from groin injury, AJ and the rest can play somepart if we can get the job done by 60 -70 mins.

fbloke said:
Cheesy said:

Every Newcastle fan I know, and living up here I know a few (perhaps too many) expects City to win and win well.

One of my neighbours, a ST holder at SJP, said just this morning that he knows the party is over but he is looking forwards to seeing a great performance from City.

So basically Newcastle fans are more confident of a City win than City fans.

;-)

I just can't shake that 'typical City' feeling :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.