Man City V Viktoria Plzen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: City Vs Viktoria Plzen Pre Match Discussion Thread

SPIDERBOY said:
Can anyone explain this?.......I just been on bet365,looking at odds for the game....City to win 9-0 is 400/1.........plzen to win 4-3 is 400/1......how the fuck does that work?
simple they saying both those results are extremely unlikely, its like saying us smashing spurs 6-0 was 100-1 and them doing same is also 100-1 and then,OH,lolol

M18SK13 said:
[quoteCan anyone explain this?.......I just been on bet365,looking at odds for the game....City to win 9-0 is 400/1.........plzen to win 4-3 is 400/1......how the fuck does that work?]

If you put £1 on City to win 9-0 you will win £400

If you put £1 on Plzen to win 4-3 you will win £400

Hope that helps.[/quote]

I know how the odds work mate,just don't know how the bookies work it out that city 9-0 can be the same odds as plzen 4-3

prestonibbo_mcfc said:
Frank the Yank said:
El Mago said:
Pellegrini should rest all the players who started against Spurs.

This, with maybe a couple of exceptions. If we play ANY of our front line players, Pellers should be sacked!! Just kidding about the sacking but you get my drift. I dont care if have have to play 11 academy players. This is a totally meaningless, nothing game. Rset up for Swansea....

No such thing as a meaningless game. Be nice to put out a half decent side, as the prices the club are charging, warrant more
than the under 14's. If you get my drift. That is no way a dig at the club. Just people play good money and expect to see
more than a team of reserves.

I think it would be 50/50 concerning what the fans want to see. I'm at the game tonight and i have paid just as much as anybody else has and would prefer to see the likes of Boyata, Lopes, Guidetti and Rusnak than Nastasic, Aguero, Negredo and Yaya.

Its a chance to give the fringe players a run out but even they are well capable of beating Plzen and would all get in Plzen's first team, i don't think it would be a huge risk to play that kind of team either.

It's also good to see our second choice goalkeeper Joe Hart getting a run out! :)

Didsbury Dave said:
eversince 76 said:
No matter the results tonight, we will definitely finish 2nd. Recent homeform have probably messed around with peoples brains, but Bayern -especially when it matters- are by far the best side in the world. We are not even close to them right now. Don't let expectations run away with it due to our recent form. AT HOME !
What we should do is try and show people worldwide the game at the Etihad was a complete offday from our point of view and repair some of the damage to our status that night. But maybe we should start by beating Pilzen first. We have qualified for the first time ever in the knock-out phases of the CL, so let's not pretend we are a European force yet. Long way to go.

I believe you sell us short. We are a bunch of brilliant players making very strong and steady progress towards being a brilliant team. I don't think their players are much better than ours at all and when we become an established unit like they are I think that we can be as good as they are. Soon.

I agree. Bayern are better than us but the last game was not a fair reflection of the real gap between the teams. Individual errors at key moments hit the team hard. Also, that was the one game where I think Pellegrini did get his team selection significantly wrong, by selecting Dzeko rather than an extra midfield player.

Hart
RIchards
Demichelles
Nastasic
Clichy
Ferndy
Garcia
Milner
Kolorov
Dzeko
Nasri

I think our MP will want Joe to have a 1st line defence infront of him, not because he doesn't trust him but for communication understanding POV. If Joe is to get his berth back full time, he needs time on the pitch with his regular defence. Nasri will be just behind Dzeko and Milner and Kolorov whipping in crosses from the flanks.

However, its probably a waste of time trying to second guess line ups as we are not privvy to preperations for future matches and who are carring niggles etc

I don't think we will see such a weakened team as we are at home and we have a home game on Sunday giving ample time for recovery and preperation.

Can someone explain to me how the knockout phase is done. Is it guaranteed that if you top your group, you'll avoid the bigger teams.

Also, Fucking CKSA nearly scored just then.

We must go for it big time to stand a chance of topping the group. We also need the win to help our coefficient.

Pellegrini well take this game very seriously.

Pam said:
Can someone explain to me how the knockout phase is done. Is it guaranteed that if you top your group, you'll avoid the bigger teams.

No, topping your group just means you avoid the other teams who topped their particular group. I should think a lot of the teams who top their own groups would quite like to avoid us.

Edit :- can you meet someone from your own country in the first KO round?<br /><br />-- Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:22 pm --<br /><br />Bayern 1-0 up

welsh_andy said:
SPIDERBOY said:
Can anyone explain this?.......I just been on bet365,looking at odds for the game....City to win 9-0 is 400/1.........plzen to win 4-3 is 400/1......how the fuck does that work?
simple they saying both those results are extremely unlikely, its like saying us smashing spurs 6-0 was 100-1 and them doing same is also 100-1 and then,OH,lolol
6-0 was 200/1, trust me, I know ;)

ColinLee said:
Pam said:

No, topping your group just means you avoid the other teams who topped their particular group. I should think a lot of the teams who top their own groups would quite like to avoid us.

Edit :- can you meet someone from your own country in the first KO round?

-- Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:22 pm --

Bayern 1-0 up

Lahm injured and out. That hurts....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.