Man City V Wigan pre match thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Better hope we have a strong bench, going to need it in the second half

SebastianBlue said:
gwt said:
TEAM NEWS: Pantilimon, Richards, Demichelis, Lescott, Clichy, Navas, Toure (C), Garcia, Nasri, Negredo, Aguero

-- Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:10 am --

Hopefully Richards and Demi are able to keep out Wigan but that combination scares me slightly.

I'm usually one of the most positive posters on Bluemoon but that back four does more than scare me slightly.

Still, hopefully they aren't called upon often with the attacking players running Wigan into the ground.

Refreshing team if you ask me, good chance for Richards to get involved in a game because why else is he here if he can't play against Wigan. Demi and Lescott might be a bit dodgy but still we should be able to cope, Lescott was our first choice CB for a year and Demi isn't as bad as many claim.

SebastianBlue said:
gwt said:
TEAM NEWS: Pantilimon, Richards, Demichelis, Lescott, Clichy, Navas, Toure (C), Garcia, Nasri, Negredo, Aguero

-- Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:10 am --

Hopefully Richards and Demi are able to keep out Wigan but that combination scares me slightly.

I'm usually one of the most positive posters on Bluemoon but that back four does more than scare me slightly.

Still, hopefully they aren't called upon often with the attacking players running Wigan into the ground.
I admit it makes me nervous too especially as that four doesn't have a lot of game time together. Hopefully it works out okay.

Worrying backline, but at least they have Garcia to shield so hopefully it won't be like Watford. Plenty of goals in the team so hopefully we can dominate the ball and not need to defend much

First bit of team news:

Sergio Aguero, Alvaro Negredo, Costel Pantilimon and Joleon Lescott all start for Manchester City, who are without skipper Vincent Kompany in their starting line-up. Scott Carson makes his first appearance since December for Wigan

MCFC: Pantilimon, Richards, Demichelis, Lescott, Clichy, Navas, Yaya Toure(c), Javi Garcia, Nasri, Negredo, Aguero.
Subs: Hart, Kompany, Kolarov, Rodwell, Milner, Silva, Dzeko.

Wigan: Carson, Perch, Boyce, Ramis, Crainey, McCann, McCarthur, McEachran, McManaman, Gomez, Fortune.
Subs: Al-Habsi, Rogne, Barnett, Espinoza, Holgersson, McLean, Maynard.

Referee: Anthony Taylor.

Negredo09 said:
First bit of team news:

Sergio Aguero, Alvaro Negredo, Costel Pantilimon and Joleon Lescott all start for Manchester City, who are without skipper Vincent Kompany in their starting line-up. Scott Carson makes his first appearance since December for Wigan

I feel old and slow now that ive realized the team news is already out....... * bows head*

JoeMercer'sWay said:
MCFC: Pantilimon, Richards, Demichelis, Lescott, Clichy, Navas, Toure(c), Garcia, Nasri, Negredo, Aguero.

That backline is there to be punished, far too much put on Barca which is the one we should be dropping.

We are playing a Championship side at home.

Uwe would give his right arm for that back 4 so stop being so melodramatic.

Strong side which should be more than good enough to get the win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.