Man City V Wigan pre match thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think people will be pleasantly surprised by Lescott and Demi together. Joleon complements very well with an aggressive defender. That's why I think he sometimes brings the best out in Kompany.

Even if they struggle, we will score up top with Nasri and Aguero on the pitch, not to mention Navas and Negredo.

inbetween said:
SebastianBlue said:
gwt said:
TEAM NEWS: Pantilimon, Richards, Demichelis, Lescott, Clichy, Navas, Toure (C), Garcia, Nasri, Negredo, Aguero

-- Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:10 am --

Hopefully Richards and Demi are able to keep out Wigan but that combination scares me slightly.

I'm usually one of the most positive posters on Bluemoon but that back four does more than scare me slightly.

Still, hopefully they aren't called upon often with the attacking players running Wigan into the ground.

Refreshing team if you ask me, good chance for Richards to get involved in a game because why else is he here if he can't play against Wigan. Demi and Lescott might be a bit dodgy but still we should be able to cope, Lescott was our first choice CB for a year and Demi isn't as bad as many claim.

I am actually also of the opinion that Demichelis and Lescott are not quite as bad as people make out here, but that is only if they are not paired together but rather with Kompany.

Put them together, though, and we somehow have managed to produce the least mobile centreback pairing in the top flight (which is a feat in of itself). And I have very little confidence in Richards after his recent displays. I love him, always will as I have watched him grow up in light blue, but he is not what we thought he was.

All of that said, it think we may just have enough to get through with this substantially weakened team.

I'm not surprised at the team and quite happy we're resting some for barca, our team today is more than capable of smashing Wigan

Luck95 said:
I'm not surprised at the team and quite happy we're resting some for barca, our team today is more than capable of smashing Wigan

I think most of us are not worried about smashing them but rather also allowing them to smash us. The back four has the potential to make this a very entertaining match for neutrals.

But I appreciate your positivity!

ForzaMancini said:
SebastianBlue said:
ForzaMancini said:
Would suggest a start vs Barca surely?

In place of who? Nasri? When we have to score at least two at Camp Nou?

Not sure to be honest but just seems odd for him not to be starting unless he is injured or being rested for Barca.

Nasri HAS to start against Barca. Even with 10 men we looked better with him on the field. Last time he was just short of match fitness.

I agree, though.. would've expected Milner to start today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.