Man City V Wigan pre match thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
blueinsa said:
SebastianBlue said:
blueinsa said:
"Smash us"?

Fuck me this forum at times......

It was an attempt at poetic symmetry, not necessarily literal assertion. My point was that we could be gotten at more readily, which means we can score 5 and they could score 4.

I still think we will win but I think some posters' confidence is a bit misplaced.

And, again, you can check my posts if you like, I am usually one of the most positive supporters on Bluemoon.

Fair enough mate.

What amazes me on here at times is the assumption that we are playing some type of computer football game with the cheats on and any time the opposition get the ball or manage to create a chance or god forbid, score a goal from some great play, its a calamity and its someone's fault all the time.

Wigan are a decent side and its the cup, they have fuck all to lose and will come and have a go but we should have far too much for them, regardless of what starting 11 we put out and to be honest, its a cracking 11.

It's not a cracking 11. Have to disagree with you on that one. It's a second string 11 but with Aguero, Yaya and Nasri as the mainstays.

Maybe we don't need Ferny for this one as we are banking on all-out attack and goals. Let's hope it works out that way.

blueinsa said:
SebastianBlue said:
blueinsa said:
"Smash us"?

Fuck me this forum at times......

It was an attempt at poetic symmetry, not necessarily literal assertion. My point was that we could be gotten at more readily, which means we can score 5 and they could score 4.

I still think we will win but I think some posters' confidence is a bit misplaced.

And, again, you can check my posts if you like, I am usually one of the most positive supporters on Bluemoon.

Fair enough mate.

What amazes me on here at times is the assumption that we are playing some type of computer football game with the cheats on and any time the opposition get the ball or manage to create a chance or god forbid, score a goal from some great play, its a calamity and its someone's fault all the time.

Wigan are a decent side and its the cup, they have fuck all to lose and will come and have a go but we should have far too much for them, regardless of what starting 11 we put out and to be honest, its a cracking 11.

I agree with you regarding the "play station" mentality that exists with many a young supporter these days but I can assure you that any of my concerns stem from actually watching every City match (primarily on the tele but some in the stands before I moved away) since 1991.

I'll always have a bit of the anxiety of years past, though, back then I was still referred to as overly optimistic.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
blueinsa said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
so were Watford.

We beat them 4-2!

only because we brought on as much of our defence as we could at half-time, don't dress it up as something it wasn't,

So scoring 4 second half goals didn't help?

Back 4, all internationals against a Championship side at home yet it isn't good enough to cope?

Give over ffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.